Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,719   Posts: 1,514,841   Online: 940

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    I have not run very many rolls through, but my m645 doesn't seem to have this problem.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've used a few older 120 cameras (including the Mamyia 645) and not had the problem that you mention, but i do know with some RFH holders if you start the roll off with film laced into the take-up reel incorrectly (such as going over the spool instead of under) the initial spacing, if not all the spacing, can be off.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is there any chance that you are mistaken about where the start mark line up indicator is on your inserts?

All of my 120 cameras line up properly (Mamiya 645, Mamiya C330/C220, Koni-Omega) but it is really hard to see the indicator on the Koni-Omega backs. I have more than once lost track of the indicator .

On the 645 inserts, the start mark is on the tab that holds the end of the film spool. You've probably already done this, but here is a link to the manual for the 1000s - see page 24/25:

http://www.mamiya.com/assets/pdfs/645/M645_1000S_v4.pdf

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Even with my battered Pentax 6x7 all I have to do is line up the Start mark and it works. It never stops winding correctly at the end of a roll, but that's another story.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    No problem with Ilford, Kodak, Fuji, Adox or Rollei in Horseman 6x9 and Linhof 6x9 backs.
    Matt Gorringe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Never a problem with my roll film cameras and backs, too many to mention, I line up the marks with arrows and have used a wide variety of films and manufacturers.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Uhh, I've never had an issue with my Mamiya 645.
    Chris Klug
    -----------
    My photo life story: http://patternsoflightndark.com/wordpress/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the info.

I tried the Horseman back with Fuji NPS. No lost frames, but the spacing was uneven on a few of them. Next I will try Ilford.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Thanks for the info.

I tried the Horseman back with Fuji NPS. No lost frames, but the spacing was uneven on a few of them. Next I will try Ilford.
    I don't think the problem or difference lies with the films, most likely to be the backs.
    Matt Gorringe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a very old and worn Omega Rapid back I start past the red dot a little to fix spacing between frame one and two. Not a film issue, as I don't have to do it with my other two backs, but this one really needs a CLA.

Mike

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin