Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,746   Posts: 1,515,665   Online: 812

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Is this a complete camera?

Hi folks, I'm having a rough time identifying if this is a complete outfit or not.
    I'm helping go through a widows husbands equipment and it is scattered where only he would have known what belonged where. Anyway, can someone please
    help and let me know if this is complete or does it belong to a larger body? I can't tell with the funny knobs on the front.

It is a super angulon 47mm f8 in a helical mount in a shutter labeled Graflex Sycchro-compur. I found a 120 roll film holder with a 2.25x3.25 mask and it attaches like it belongs there? There is so much stuff I have to go through yet and I am wondering if this is complete or I haven't found the rest of the camera It's kind of a slick little unit! Can anyone give me a reasonable value of this?

I appreciate any help you can give us! pics below
    regards
    erik
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails super angulon.jpg   super angulon 2.jpg  

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    It shure looks complete, cute !
    It is a wide-angle 6x9 camera, maker ??? Value ? No idea, check at KEH for the value of the lens and back and then add quite a bit for the housing and the sportsfinder.

Great little thing and a lot smaller than a RB67 with 50mm lens.

Peter

By the way, it is a MF camera, as you have figured out by now.
    Last edited by archphoto; 03-26-2009 at 08:39 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: addition

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks Peter, it sure is smaller than an RB I wish I could see a picture or brochure of what this really is!
    regards
    erik

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Question: what does it say on top of the sportsfinder ? It might give you an other clue.

Peter

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Erik,
    This is a Graflex XLSW. It's basically a roll film back slapped on the back of a large format lens. Most of the XL were rangefinders, but they made this little zone-focusing outfit too, because the rangefinder models were large. It looks complete. It should consist of a lens cone with focusing mount, a film back, and the wire sight. You could replace the wire site with a viewfinder if you wanted too. The 47mm super-angulon is relatively equal to 21mm on a 35mm outfit. I think the outfit is probably worth $400-600 in good working condition, but I haven't looked at prices lately. I'm selling it's cousin, a Brooks Veriwide, on eBay right now. It's the same lens with a 6x9 XL back. I'm hoping it'll go for around $1000. I think it'll bring a premium, because it's 6x9, and doesn't have the plastic focus mount that the XL line does, but you might be pleasantly surprised.
    Last edited by GeorgeDexter; 03-26-2009 at 11:34 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    For a more complete description, see www.graflex.org. : )

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Cambo and Sinar make/made this type of camera on 4x5 inch, maybe (but I would need a pic of the bottom side) a pistol grip belongs to it.
    Is there a tripod mounting at the bottom ?
    Can the lens be taken off ? If YES: there could be more lenses that fit this little one (I fell in love with it)

Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Erik, read an article about a guy who built his own camera using that lens or similar and so how stuck a roll film back on it. don't know how many he made it was awhile back. It looks like a neat camera . Poor mans SWC. I could not tell you the price, I'll give ya a 100.00 for it . mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Woops to late, please ignore my first post,except the 100.oo part.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    OK, this is not Ebay yet (I hope) so Mike: the reserve has not met yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin