Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,482,037   Online: 872

Thread: Gandolfi 8x10

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    So I am planning on getting a new 8x10. My plan is to purchase a lightweight wood filed camera. I have narrowed the field down to a Canham lighweight and a Gandolfi variant. I know the specs for the canham and partly for the gandolfi. However, I don't know the min and max bellows extension for the Gandolfi with the normal bellows. The Gandolfi site only say that a 600 will work. However, I can't even tell if this is a 600 tellephoto or a true 600mm. In addition, I'd also like to know what the minimum bellows length is with the normal bellows. Can somewhat out there with an 8x10 variant help me out?

Thanks.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    This probably won't be much help, but I have a Variant Level III 4x5, and the bellows extend to 480mm as indicated on the Variant spec page, so I'd have to expect that the 8x10 would handle 600mm with a normal (non-telephoto) lens.

By all means email the factory - I puchased my Gandolfi used, and they were more than happy to answer my questions. Pretty good turnaround time too, considering they're seven hours ahead of where I am.

Their email address is sales@gandolficameras.com
    Cheers!

-klm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    From Badger's site:

Bellows Length 30(762mm).
    Bellows Normal with Tilts 2.28-24.4(58mm -620.mm).
    Withouts Tilts 4.6-15.67(117mm-565.00mm).

It looks like the max extension of the camera (not the bellows) is just over 600mm (ie. 24"). Compared to most 8x10 field cameras this is on the short side but if you don't use anything longer than a 24" at infinity distances it should be fine.

Cheers,
    Roger...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Ahhhh!

I didn't even think to look at Badger's site. I emailed Gandolfi several days ago. They must be on holiday.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    btw, there's some variation in the price of this camera. Badger lists it @ $3075 w/Sinar front, Bromwell lists it at $2475 w/Technica front. Badger's price translates more in line to the price on the Gandolfi site (1900 quid) but that's a substantial difference. Might be worth checking into?

If you do decide on the Gandolfi please post your impressions once you get it?

Cheers,
    Roger...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin