Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,371   Online: 1131

Thread: Lens question

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Lens question

Hello All,
    I have a Graphic 2x3 camera and I am wondering if I can use the lens from my Moskow 5 camera. It is a 105mm lens that takes really great pics but the focus is off. I am thinking that I can use it on the 2x3 camera and focus using the GG of the camera. Do you think this will work. Does it matter that it is a rangefinder type lens? Could I keep the lens barrel set on infinity and focus using the GG?
    Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    Arthur

Images
    Good Evening, Arthur,

It should work, but may have limited coverage since it was probably designed for a fixed position originally.

Konical

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you can mount it, it should work. The 2x3 Speed or Crown has very little movement to start with, the lens will cover the minimum and I suspect a good deal more stopped down, even if it is a Tessar knockoff (which I suspect it is). I have mounted 105mm lens off a couple of different folders on graphics lens boards and they seem to work just fine.

Let us know how it works out.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks for the info. I will give it a try.

Arthur

Shooter
    Large Format
    Your plan is probably fine. If, however, you would rather adjust your Moskva-5 rather than disassemble it, then try this helpful site:

http://www.dvdtechcameras.com/info/1.htm

Some of the English is tortured, but you'll get the idea.

Tom

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Tom,
    Thanks i would love to.

Arthur

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin