Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,200   Posts: 1,531,523   Online: 1001

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I purchased new 4x5 and 5x7 Normas in 1969 and have put many thousands of sheets through them in heavy professional use. They look great and function as new. My favorite monorail cameras even today. You might find this interesting that my 4x5 basic Norma cost $365 in 1969. The Sinar rep told me there were seven people working in the factory at that time and they made 750 cameras total that year. They were totally hand made.

RJS

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I purchased new also about the same time. Cost me $650 as I remember, but mine was the 'Expert' model, including case, more rail, bellows etc. They are indeed wonderful machines, but I find the now out- of- production- apparently Arca a little easier to work with.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I recently purchased a Sinar Norma (beautiful camera!), learned to CLA it with the help of longtime Sinar Norma owner John Wimberley, and wrote a guide to help others CLA the Norma: http://www.philipmorgan.net/photogra...ar-norma-clas/

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Wow. Great document! I have saved it for future reference. Thanks for taking the time to do all that work and post it here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by felipemorgan View Post
    I recently purchased a Sinar Norma (beautiful camera!), learned to CLA it with the help of longtime Sinar Norma owner John Wimberley, and wrote a guide to help others CLA the Norma: http://www.philipmorgan.net/photogra...ar-norma-clas/
    Many thanks for doing this, excellent initiative.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Philip you write that you intend to update the document over time. If you find time to do this; please let us know.

All best

Claes

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The next opportunity I will (probably) have to update this document is the next time I CLA my own Norma again. That may be a winter or two from now, but I do indeed intend to improve this document and I'll make sure to post about it here when I do.

--Philip.

Quote Originally Posted by Uhner View Post
    Philip you write that you intend to update the document over time. If you find time to do this; please let us know.

All best

Claes
    Last edited by felipemorgan; 04-28-2009 at 02:57 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: accuracy

Shooter
    Large Format
    Yeah, PLEASE do that, Philip. As most folks know, any fine piece of machinery benefits from regular maintenance done the right way.

Shooter
    Large Format
    BTW, Philip, do you have similar maintenance info for the Sinar Pan-Tilt head that I got when I bought my Norma (new) in about 1968. Some slight play has developed in the pan when locked, and when not locked it sometimes jams and will not rotate. So I'm thinking of disassembling it to see what's causing all this.

TIA,
    Jerry

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Jerry, I'm sorry to say I don't have any information on servicing the Sinar Pan-Tilt head. You might try contacting John Wimberley by email (tjwimberley@charter.net) to see if he knows how to service the Pan-Tilt head. John was very helpful to me when I serviced my Sinar Norma recently; he also reviewed the service guide I wrote. I know he uses a Sinar Pan-Tilt head, and services his own equipment where possible, so he may be able to offer some guidance.

Good luck!

--Philip.

Quote Originally Posted by silveror0 View Post
    BTW, Philip, do you have similar maintenance info for the Sinar Pan-Tilt head that I got when I bought my Norma (new) in about 1968. Some slight play has developed in the pan when locked, and when not locked it sometimes jams and will not rotate. So I'm thinking of disassembling it to see what's causing all this.

TIA,
    Jerry

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin