Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,438   Online: 835

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

View camera photography is news

Apparently, traditional, analog photography is so out of the mainstream now,it makes the news.
    http://www.dallasnews.com/video/dall...ml?nvid=347273

Rick

MFP
    Shooter
    35mm
    he seems to have a fear of film being unavailable soon....I guess he's never been on APUG.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I got a kick out of the text intro below the video: "He also prints the images using traditional darkroom techniques." ??? How else?

I've been a skydiver for 31 years and the statement above brings to mind the ubiquitous "...and at the last possible second, he opens his parachute!" offered by a reporter when showing any freefall footage. Most of us open around 3k', far from the "last possible second".

Rick

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    am i the only crazy one that finds the horizontal lines growing out of her neck and ears a turn off.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ann View Post
    am i the only crazy one that finds the horizontal lines growing out of her neck and ears a turn off.
    Possibly It would be nice to have her separated a bit from the background, though - a little less depth of field, perhaps?
    S°ren

"We are much more likely to act our way into a new way of thinking than think our way into a new way of acting." - R. Pascale

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Anybody here in North Texas know this guy?

Quote Originally Posted by skyrick View Post
    Apparently, traditional, analog photography is so out of the mainstream now,it makes the news.
    Yep. That's how the Texas Church Project got on statewide TV 2 years ago.
    Last edited by David Brown; 04-12-2009 at 03:42 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by MFP View Post
    he seems to have a fear of film being unavailable soon....I guess he's never been on APUG.
    "In 5 years it may change" if I remember well he said. I've heard lots of those words.
    A guy said in 2005 that 35mm would end it's commercial life 2 years later. 4 years have passed and film is still going well.
    I read someone at photo.net (2000) that said by 2010 triX would be at 40$ per 35mm roll... Something very bad should happen...

If in 1900 they created plate film, we can still do it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I read someone at photo.net (2000) that said by 2010 triX would be at 40$ per 35mm roll... Something very bad should happen...
    You would think some of these people actually wanted film to become more expensive to prove their point.

Tom.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    You would think some of these people actually wanted film to become more expensive to prove their point.

Tom.
    No so far fetched Tom. Look at some of the other photo forums which are more digitally orientated. These guys just can't wait for film to disappear. It's like the availability of film is somehow impinging on them.

A couple of year ago I posted on a thread that I used 35mm and MF to do weddings - and was told by a moderator not to come on telling everyone film was better - because it clearly wasn't! The thread was basically "What do you use". I found APUG, thank goodness, that afternoon. For a while I kept getting emails telling me they missed me. Of course "Miss this!" was my response

Bob H
    "Why is there always a better way?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ann View Post
    No Ann, I do too. But, based on the "if you don't have anything nice to say, remain silent" approach, I kept quiet. Thanks for speaking for both of us (at least).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin