Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,053   Posts: 1,561,229   Online: 1093

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Horseman 451 problem

Hi,

I've been experimenting with a Horseman 451 6x9 back that I've been given. There's a problem in that the back seems to start "numbering" the frames too early, meaning the first frame is still mainly the paper backing and the last part of the film isn't exposed at all, meaning it's effectively only a 6 frame back.

Can anyone tell me what I'm missing here ? Is there a special way of loading the film ? I searched online for a PDF manual or equivalent but couldn't find one.

thanks,

Karl

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What are you using as the start point? Is that the older back with the wind knob? You need to wind the film until the printed arrow on the backing paper lines up with a landmark on the film back, THEN, close the back. On the Horsaman backs with the wind lever, you can see the end of the arrow through a hole in the back of the pressure plate. Some films have a series of dots that come up before the arrow.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    That's great, thanks - I understand now. Lined up the arrow through the hole like you said.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin