Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,690   Posts: 1,548,870   Online: 961

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlamarsh View Post
    I haven't seen any votes for the 240mm f9 G-Claron? Mine is great!
    I'm not sure I'd say great. I use it with 4X5 and feel it could be sharper but it may just be operator error. I'm very happy with it and wouldn't trade until I've tried it in 8X10.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    I use the Fuji 240 A F9 for my 8x10 and coverage is tight. With a little rise I'm out of coverage real quick. It is a great lens though. Light and very sharp. I took this image in Yosemite with the lens stopped down to f-90. This upload is kind of small but you should see the print! This is a carbon transfer print.

Jim
    Jim,

Very nice image. I did not mean to imply that the 240mm Fujinon A was not usable on 8x10. It is. However, the coverage is quite tight. It's certainly a nice lens to have in the bag for an occasional 8x10 shot. However, the original poster was asking about recommendations for a 240mm as his ONLY 8x10 lens. That is the reason I recommended the 240mm APO Sironar-S with it's larger usable image circle.

And while it's not a compact, ultralight lens, the 240mm APO Sironar-S isn't that big and heavy ( a little over 2 lbs. with an 86mm front filter size) for an 8x10 lens - especially since the OP would be carrying only this one lens.

Kerry Thalmann
    Really Big Cameras

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ReallyBigCameras View Post
    Jim,

Very nice image. I did not mean to imply that the 240mm Fujinon A was not usable on 8x10. It is. However, the coverage is quite tight. It's certainly a nice lens to have in the bag for an occasional 8x10 shot. However, the original poster was asking about recommendations for a 240mm as his ONLY 8x10 lens. That is the reason I recommended the 240mm APO Sironar-S with it's larger usable image circle.

And while it's not a compact, ultralight lens, the 240mm APO Sironar-S isn't that big and heavy ( a little over 2 lbs. with an 86mm front filter size) for an 8x10 lens - especially since the OP would be carrying only this one lens.

Kerry Thalmann
    Really Big Cameras
    Kerry, i never took your comment that way at all. You are right about the coverage. It is easy to loose the corners very quickly. It is my only wide for the 8x10 at the moment. Thanks for the nice comment on the image.

Jim

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin