Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,054   Posts: 1,561,326   Online: 1208

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    A couple of months after the death of Mr. Grimes, I e-mailed the company and asked about getting a lens mounted. There was no reply, but I thought things might be a but tumultuous, and I sort of passed on the idea for a while. Now I have 2 lenses to be mounted. I e-mailed them last week.

No reply.

Is this typical? I would REALLY like to get these lenses mounted and have no idea who else can do it!
    Official Photo.net Villain
    ----------------------
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]DaVinci never wrote an artist's statement...[/FONT]

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    call them during working hours but remember they are 2 hrs earlier than you on the east coast. They may not be working due to the weather out there. But, I would call them. They usually have an add in the View Camera magazine.

lee\c

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have had several lenses worked on by the guys at SK Grimes of late, last one came back just prior to xmas. I am sure they are still about.
    David Boyce

When bankers get together for dinner, they discuss art. When artists get together for dinner, they discuss money. Oscar Wilde Blog fp4.blogspot.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I recently (just before New Years) exchanged emails with Adam and had a lens board modified by Grimes. Very fast and perfect service. I'm not sure why you've been unsuccessful 'cause I know they're there. I'd try again.

I received two replys a couple of weeks ago about mounting a 240mm Xenar. They responded in a few days. Try again.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin