Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,636   Online: 693

Shooter
    Medium Format

I'm pumped and a question please

I finally found the Graphic 4x5 on that site that I wanted and it's on it's way. I've found someone that's selling their holders along with a combi-dev tank.

I am so excited. I'm actually going to sell my watch to help pay for this but the way I live now is for not only my boy but to have passion in my life. Much better that a time piece on my wrist.

My question is developing... Do you follow the same dev times etc. for a 4x5 as you would a 35mm or 120? i.e., the massive dev chart?

Thanks so much.
    Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I develop my 120 and 35mm the same time. The times are listed for the larger stuff so I just think it would be just a different amount of developer. There should be more comments from individuals who use that format of film who will share their knowledge of developing and processing of the film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you look on www.digitaltruth.com the massive developer chart covers all the formats when you select the film and developer you will be using. K

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You can obtain developing times by going online with the various film makers, also Freestyle Photo, Digital Truth, and most developer manufacturers. Ilford has one of the best consumer info sites going.
    congrats on your decision, and the gear!
    Rick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning, Tom;

Are you really sure you want to sell your watch? What will you use for timing the film development periods?
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tom - I have the HP Combi tank and I use the same times for 4x5 as I do for my 120 film. YMMV

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I started with the same times as quoted for Reels & smaller formats - then adjusted from there

Its safe bet to get something on the Neg

Good luck with the LF

Martin

Shooter
    Large Format
    I would say it depends on what film your using. I'm a Tri-X guy and it's not the same stuff. 35&120 vs 4x5 and up. We will talk about it in VA in a couple of weeks. I'll also show you a couple of Pt/Pd prints and that's a whole 'nother story.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you so much for all your help and suggestions. I'm so excited simply to learn. I've seen the difference between the 120 and 4x5 negs and it simply amazes me. I'm not talking content of course because that differs with each artist I'm speaking only on a tech level.
    Again, thank you so much for helping.
    Photobum. We are SO looking forward to this trip soon.
    Tom

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin