Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,693   Posts: 1,548,973   Online: 812

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

The Photography Gods

smiled at me today. I went to the lake with the Toyo 4x5 and took 12 pictures. They all turned out!! Well except for one negative I dropped in the darkroom and stepped on. Anyway, no dark slides forgotten, no light leaks, didn't forget to close the aperture after composing, or any of the thousand other things that usually come to plague me. And I guess I finally figured out the light meter, touch wood.
    The negatives look good (to my unpracticed eye) and are drying now, but I'll probably make some contact prints later this evening.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like the gods are looking after you,Johnnywalker. Have a great evening.
    mike c.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm glad that the gods are looking after you, but I was amused that the gods had a little laugh at you by letting you step on that negative.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hee Hee Heeeeee

Murray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Uh Oh. That's a very ominous Hee Hee Heeeeee!! I hope you don't mean to imply that the Photography Gods are setting me up!
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There's always one trickster among them.
    No worries. Except, don't expect perfection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hopefully the photography gods will keep smiling on you a while longer!

Jeff

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnywalker View Post
    Uh Oh. That's a very ominous Hee Hee Heeeeee!! I hope you don't mean to imply that the Photography Gods are setting me up!
    Nope. Just giddy knowing there's another large format freak wandering the BC woods

Murray

P.S. You'll know the benevolent photography gods are on your side when you set up your gear despite the fact you've been hiking all day in the rain, but the scene before you is just too beautiful. Then you go through all the motions of setting up your gear, focusing, composing, deciding on camera movements, metering, deciding on exposure and development, putting the film holder in, pulling the dark slide, cleaning a few raindrops off the lens, winding the shutter, then there's a break in the clouds and your scene is bathed in sunshine. You close the lens down a tad and fire the shutter, then the clouds close in for the rest of the day. More often than not it's the trickster gods who tempt you with some spectacular display only to snatch it away at the last second, leaving you standing there, pathetic, waiting for it all to happen again when you just know it won't

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MurrayMinchin View Post
    Nope. Just giddy knowing there's another large format freak wandering the BC woods

Murray

P.S. You'll know the benevolent photography gods are on your side when you set up your gear despite the fact you've been hiking all day in the rain, but the scene before you is just too beautiful. Then you go through all the motions of setting up your gear, focusing, composing, deciding on camera movements, metering, deciding on exposure and development, putting the film holder in, pulling the dark slide, cleaning a few raindrops off the lens, winding the shutter, then there's a break in the clouds and your scene is bathed in sunshine. You close the lens down a tad and fire the shutter, then the clouds close in for the rest of the day. More often than not it's the trickster gods who tempt you with some spectacular display only to snatch it away at the last second, leaving you standing there, pathetic, waiting for it all to happen again when you just know it won't
    Or the reverse, My friend and I were on the Icefields Parkway, headed for Jasper when I saw a BEAUTIFUL cloud inversion on the ground in a golden meadow, dotted with evergreens and surreal light. I raced down the hill, set up, composed, metered, the light turned off, the cloud disappeared, it began to rain and I had to get out of Dodge. By the time I made it back up to the highway, it was snow and when we had traveled 25 miles farther north, the roads had become treacherous. We turned around and went south and by the time we made it to Highway 1 they were closifg the gates to the Icefields!! Talk about the photography Gods!!!..Evan Clarke

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin