Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,732   Posts: 1,515,281   Online: 825

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Wrap the bellows in a layer of tinfoil?

You can make a hat out of the stuff, too.

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, Hugo is looking into it. Meanwhile, I put my 6x12 back on that had a roll of konica 750 in it. I attached it to the back and pulled the darklide (done indoors, overcast) for 3 minutes with the lens caps on. Same results, very dense negs all the way through except one shot I had done a few weeks back indoors near the window. I'll post the usable shot when it's dry.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't you simply have a very small light leak in your bellows? Since the Efke film needs to be rated at very low ISO, say 1-6, you will always have long exposure times, and hence probably also considerably longer times with the dark slide open compared to "normal" film shots. You may therefor not have noticed the fogging with normal film... Have you tried leaving a normal piece of film for some time in the camera with the dark slide open and see if it gets fogged?

Or better, put some LED light in the camera and take the camera into a completely dark room and see if there are leaks anywhere.
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post

Vaughn
    That was my thought, just wrap the bellows in aluminum foil and redo your test (though I also know this stuff is expensive and you probably don't want to be doing too much testing!).
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    I've never had this issue with my other cameras. I just tried another sheet with my dark cloth wrapped around the camera as best I could and it helped but the fog is still pretty bad.
    I'd be surprised if the darkcloth was opaque to IR. Doesn't answer the OP thoug.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post

Vaughn
    It does cut down on the voices. It goes from shouting to just a murmur and I can't understand what they want me to do.:o
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here's the only neg from the roll film back that wasn't fogged to death. This was late in the day with an exposure over a minute I believe. I have a leather bag bellows (shen hao brand) that I also use on this camera which I could use but that limits me to 210mm lenses. I'm sure wrapping the camera in foil wouldn't attract any attention by homeland security!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 612ir-plant-in-corner.jpg  
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have you checked the shutters? Or are using plastic lens boards? The plastic can be transparent to IR and opaque to visible light. If you can find a friend with an digital camera with the IR filter removed you can do a inspection with the back off the carmera.(please no heart attacks)
    It's not the camera......

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by freygr View Post
    The plastic can be transparent to IR and opaque to visible light
    I was always told that this is a pure bullshit photo myth. The Efke IR820 data sheet sez so, at any rate. Carry-on X-rays too. They say a hand inspection is more dangerous that having the film scanned...especially 135 format.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 04-29-2009 at 08:32 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    ...They say...
    If "they" say so, it must be true.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin