Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,118   Posts: 1,636,824   Online: 1039

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Vinny, did you ever get a real answer from Hugo, or anyone at Chamonix? If not Kerry Thalmann of really big cameras might be the way to go??

A.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    None of your test conclusively ruled out small pinholes or defects in your bellows that is not "IR proof". Why not put a sheet of photo paper in there and do like a 10 minute exposure to test for conventional (non-IR) fog?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Moxom View Post
    If not Kerry Thalmann of really big cameras might be the way to go??A.
    Just who is this Kerry Thalmann? Does he really exist? He hasn't responded to any of my e-mail inquiries.

I've seen his posts but I've yet to see any camera gear on his web site.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lilmsmaggie View Post
    Just who is this Kerry Thalmann? Does he really exist? He hasn't responded to any of my e-mail inquiries.
    Assuming you are the person who sent me a single email inquiry (singlular, not plural) concerning this issue, I emailed you a response yesterday morning at 10:06am Pacific Standard Time.

Are you that person (I can't tell your real identity from a "handle" used in a forum)? If so, did you not receive my response? If that wasn't you, I haven't received any email correspondence from you on this subject.

I will work this issue with the factory and post their response once I hear back from them. It may take a while as I don't speak Chinese and the only English-speaking contact I have at the forctory isn't always immediately available.

The standard bellows that come with the Chamonix cameras are not advertised as being IR opaque. In the past, I have seen other manufacturers offer optional IR safe bellows for users that need this feature. I will also ask the factory about the possibility of offering such an option.

Kerry Thalmann
    Really Big Cameras

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for stepping up Kerry, as an avid Chamonix user, any info would be useful as it is extremely hard to get info back from the factory for the reasons you spoke about. I used EFKE IR in my 451N and had no problems earlier this spring, but I was on a sheltered deck... Still I got no fog whatsoever, but I am reluctant to try it in direct light for the same reasons as Vinny.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ReallyBigCameras View Post
    Are you that person (I can't tell your real identity from a "handle" used in a forum)? [/URL]
    Nope. The name's Dwain and I sent you two separate e-mail messages to two of you e-mail addresses. One was sales@ and the other was one from your personal website.

I've received no acknowledgement from you.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lilmsmaggie View Post
    Nope. The name's Dwain and I sent you two separate e-mail messages to two of you e-mail addresses. One was sales@ and the other was one from your personal website.

I've received no acknowledgement from you.
    Dwain,

I just went and triple checked my inbox and spam filters for my business address:

sales@reallybigcameras.com

and all three of my personal email addresses.

I have not received any emails from you within the last month on this, or any other subject. I'm not sure why I haven't received them, but I can't respond to something I've never received.

For the record, the best email address to use for conacting me is my business address. Again that address is:

sales@reallybigcameras.com

If you don't get a response to emails sent to that address within 24 hours, please send me a PM through APUG.

Also, if you'd like to corresond by email, please send your full email address to me by PM. That way, I can set up my spam filter to insure future emails from you are not blocked.

Kerry Thalmann
    Really Big Cameras

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ReallyBigCameras View Post
    I can set up my spam filter to insure future emails from you are not blocked.[/URL]
    methinks the e-mails I sent probably got blocked.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by domaz View Post
    None of your test conclusively ruled out small pinholes or defects in your bellows that is not "IR proof". Why not put a sheet of photo paper in there and do like a 10 minute exposure to test for conventional (non-IR) fog?
    Well, if you think using paper with an asa of 1.5-6 would be more effective than using a 400 asa film, that's fine.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

Film photography? This term kills me. As if there's another kind!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Moxom View Post
    Vinny, did you ever get a real answer from Hugo, or anyone at Chamonix? If not Kerry Thalmann of really big cameras might be the way to go??

A.
    I've sent this thread to Hugo and he did get back to me but I'm not expecting the company to replace my bellows. I emailed the guy on flickr who had posted some shots done with the same set up. I'm waiting to get his camera serial # so Hugo can send it and my serial # to the factory to compare the models. I'd like to have a replacement bellows to try out to see if I just had a bad one. I know the camera isn't advertised as being opaque to ir but I'd to get this issue resolved before I head back to Michigan this summer.

Kerry responded as well. Thanks
    * I read on the LF forum that Chamonix has aquired new levels for use on their cameras. I'd love to get some of those too, rather than getting more faulty replacements every time they dry out.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

Film photography? This term kills me. As if there's another kind!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin