Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,764   Posts: 1,484,064   Online: 1184

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Calumet used to make a 4x4 filter holder (maybe they still make it - I don't know); the filter holder would be permanently attached to the lens board, just in front of the rear lens element.

Shooter
    Large Format
    The trickest behind the lens filter set-up is without question the horseman accessory. The difference between glass and poly-carbonate vs. gelatin is huge. But trying to use gelatin in front of the lens can be a disaster, especially outside. Unfortunately the horseman accessory has been discontinued. However, the attachment rings are still available from b and h and I occasionally see the filter holder on ebay for anywhere between $25 - $100. Search "horseman behind the lens filter holder" in google... you might find one used. Best of luck.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use Kodak 4 x 4 filter holders and put small squares of pressure sensitive velcro on both the back of lensboards and the filter holders. Easy to apply and they stay put.
    Richard

Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My solution : I have an Ambico filter holder-very similar to the ubiquitous Cokin A or P, and a bunch of adapter rings for various lens diameters. I modified a couple of rings to push fit on the rear lens barrels.
    Easy and quick to fit,and the holder can still be used for standard front-of-lens purposes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Always used the Voss Gelatine Filter Holder (75mm/3x3 inch) with the spring clamp in studios, with the barn doors removed. Still have and use mine inside the view cameras.

Current equivalents found at Calumet:
    http://www.calumetphoto.com/item/LE5002/
    http://www.calumetphoto.com/item/XB6560/

Lee

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin