Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,912   Posts: 1,556,250   Online: 1063

Shooter
    Medium Format

Sinar digital shutter instructions?

Hi All, My latest expenditure is a Sinar digital shutter (in need of repair ) but a copy of the instructions for the finer points would be great. Can anyone help please?

Cheers Dave

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Dave,

I have 8 Sinar Digital Shutters, and I need to repair 5 of them. Did you ever find anyone to repair yours? I understand that Sinar in Switzerland refuses to repair them now.

Mark

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Mark, Are the faults on your shutters all the same?

Cheers Dave

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just out of interest how many others have unusable Sinar shutters laying around because they can't find anyone capable of repairing them?

Cheers Dave

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I have an expolux shutter with meter probe a which is perfect when it works ,there is a lose wire somewhere which can cause problems but as long as I am in the studio it is fine ,though you will need a manual back up just to be on the safe side . On the repair front ,Image to image the sinar dealer in the UK will charge you £150 to send it to Sinar HQ to evaluate the problem ,Though as the equipment has ceased to be made I suspect the chance of them fixing it is nil. My repair man tried to look at it but gave up because Sinar could not supply the parts

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Alun, Edwin said he would have a look at it but I don't realy hold out much hope! I may be tempted to take it apart myself (what have I got to loose?)

I'm not impressed with Sinars support realy. In respect that there isn't even a users manual on the Web.

Cheers Dave

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin