Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,736   Posts: 1,515,505   Online: 1093

Shooter
    35mm

Can I put a roll film back on a Crown Graphic 23?

Help please! I found a mint condition Crown Graphic 23 that I'd like to play with, but I don't want to shoot sheet film. If I take off the ground glass, a Graflex RH20 film back fits perfectly, but there's no mechanism to lock it on. Please, no replies like "why dont you just go buy an RB67" or the like. I just want to know: can I put an RH20 or similar on a Crown Graphic 23?

Thanks,
    George

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    It sounds like your camera has a Graphic back and not a Graflok back. Look at graflex.org under FAQ to see pictures of all 3 backs. If you had a graflok back, there would be two chromed slides that can be pushed down (and up) to cover the edges of the roll film holder from above and below. WIth a spring back, you nede to rig something up to lock it in place - it can be done.

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There's also a 620 back available that will work with 120 film - provided you have some extra 620 spools for the take up side.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hi george -

you might have to do what i have done with my series d: black masking tape.
    it works very well !

have fun!

john
    if my apug gallery looks empty you might check these places

website
    blog
    sell-site

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin