Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,863   Online: 947

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Happiness comes in small doses...

... and todays fix was winning an auction on the evilbay, a caltar-s II 210/5.6 in copal #1 shutter.

Already in my possession: 5 lisco 4x5 filmholders, 5 9x12 sinar film holders, quite a lot of film, a loupe, a wooden tripod. Now the only piece missing is the friggin' camera! Bought some more tools today. Still measuring and drawing on the design. Biggest inspirations; Sandehan Lynch, Argus, Barry J Young and quite a few others.

First post btw, learnt a lot from you guys (what a CLA is for example in my world it's conjugated linoleic acid). Been shooting film since I was 13, still use my first camera, a Nikon FM2, but it's kind of broken now (the ground glass is loose and there is some problems with the shutters). Also use a Hasselblad 500C/M, which is my prime user these days.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome aboard, Olleorama. CLA is "Clean, Lubricate, Adjust." Watch out for the gear, it breeds in the dark and, pretty soon, you have way, way too much.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Welcome to the group. Good to have ya.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG Olleo... it's a cool place to hang out.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Welcome! I take it you are building the camera? Lot's of fun! Advice: make sure the lining on the bellows is in a single piece. I followed someone's instructions on the web not to line the corners and had to go back and line them after several fogged shots.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome from Richmond, Va!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome aboard! You can NEVER have too much gear. That would be like having too much fun. This forum is a great resource for those of us just getting started in LF.
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So olleo, tell us more. If you told us what you do, what your interests are, and where you be, people do things like offer the use of a camera till you get yourself sorted out. I have made the offer to a couple of people new to the list. From the list of your film holders.. I would say western Europe.

tim in san jose (California)
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome.

If you are still looking for camera plan ideas have a look at Rayment Kirby's site (go to the workshop section): http://www.raymentkirbycameras.co.uk/

I have translated some of his ideas to CAD. If you want the files, send me a PM with your e-mail address.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    correct jupiter/tim western europe it is. Scandinavia to be more specific. And thanks for the offer steve, I have had a look at his site. But if you have made cad-files that would be very nice. I have worked a lot with metal (used to do that for a living before the slow-down), and I'm fairly confident with wood, although I will most likely use carpentry grade birch plywood Why? Lighter for the same strength, less risk of warping, cheaper. Plywood has greater tensile strength than steel per weight. Well, of course it won't look as good, but as a first-time builder I think it will be fine.

If anybody happen to have some cad-files of their metal parts lying around I would be happy to have a copy. Still have a lot of friends in the metal industry and could have them machined out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin