Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,770   Posts: 1,516,518   Online: 778

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Super Graphic/Busch Pressman

Help I cannot decide between the 2. They are both in great shape. The Busch comes with a working lens and 2 lens boards. The Super graphic comes as is with no lens or lens boards. Both are in the $200 range.
    They are both very good cameras but does one beat out the other?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If it was my choice I'd go for the Super Graphic, it was Graflex's answer to the competition by European manufacturers like MPP & Linhof who were making cameras with all the features missing on Crown (& Speed) Graphics.

The Busch Pressman is roughly halfway between the Crown & the Super Graphic, depending on which model. I have aPressman & 3 Speed/Crown Graphics, if I saw a Super Graphic at that sort of price I'd buy it instantly

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Super Graphic, no question. It has full front movements, rotating graflok back - that should be enough alone to convince you over the Pressman, which has limited front movements and only a spring back. The Super Graphic is made of aluminum and is smaller and ligher as well - it makes a very nice field camera - similar to the Toyo field cameras in function, but also has the nice rangefinder focusing lacking in the Toyos. If you can get a working one for around $200 it is a steal.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin