Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,688   Posts: 1,548,646   Online: 1237

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Why did photoshop enter into this? Nobody is talking about photoshopping anything. The discussion is about how to load film in a novel way.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Sinar had at one time holders that held the film as flat as posible using a sheet of double sided tape.
    Very expensive though.
    If you can find some of that sheet, verry sticky on one side (for the film holder) and the other side a bit less sticky, you could place it in a regular filmholder.

Don't use a changing bag THough !

Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Kasaian View Post
    The easy way: Photo shop!

I WILL KILL YOU!!!!!!!!

lol j/k
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Depending on the amount of effort you want to go to, how about a vacuum holder like this. Except bigger.
    http://www.deadbread.com/crumbs/vac.html

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    In my arsenal of junk labeled "future projects" I have a geodetic camera transport which was made for 9 1/2 inch aerial roll film. It rolls the film across a 9X9 platen like an aerial camera. Please contact me off line and buy this thing from me. It is sophisticated, electrical, has canon plugs, probably cost somebody a million dollars, is heavy, and would intimidate a guy who could run multiple Cirkut cameras at the same time. Still, since you started this post, I thought perhaps you'd be a perfect candidate! 7 contiguous pieces of 35mm film can span the 9.5 inches. You'd roll them up side by side on the supply reel and they would play across the platen to the take up reel. It doesn't incorporate vacuum so the pressure from supply to take up is what would hold them flat I suppose.

jimgalli at lnett dot com

L N E T T

ps, I have no idea if it works.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    35mm
    35 mm film was designed to be used with a pressure plate, so it won't stay flat by itself. If you don't want to use guides for every strip, which won't allow you to expose the edges of the film, I would use a glass plate between the film and the lens, to have something to press the film against, and then a large pressure plate on the back. Of course, since the emulsion would sit on the glass, one would have to make the pressure plate list during film transport, otherwise you will likely scratch the emulsion. I'm thinking there should be also a device that lifts the film off the glass completely during transport. Also, since the 35mm cassettes are wider then the film surface, they will have to be staggered so the film strips can be flush with another. If you didn't want to waste the first 10-12 inch of film, you would also have to load the thing in the dark.
    Sorin

__________________________________________________ __________________________________
    Frugal Sorin Blog - Last article : light proof material (for darkroom, changing bag, focusing cloth,etc)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin