Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,689   Posts: 1,548,774   Online: 1276

Shooter
    Medium Format

617 back for canham 5x7

have any body try to fit 617 roll back film to 5x7 Canham camera. I wonder that Shen Hao 617 will fit my camera or not? any suggestion.
    Thank you
    Pat

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There at least two different types of Shen Hao 617 backs. The one aimed at 5x7 cameras with Graflok backs. This is cheaper and more flexible. The other is aimed at 4x5 cameras with 4x5 graflok backs.

Does your 5x7 have a graflok back or is it one of the older ones? The question then becomes are both the Canham and Shen ideas of a 5x7 graflok similar enough.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    In case you weren't aware of it, Canham makes a 617 roll film back for their 5x7 cameras.
    http://www.canhamcameras.com/Roll%20film%20back.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have always wondered if there is one of these that will work with a 5x7 spring back. Something like the Calumet or Adapt-A-Roll style, where the feed spool and the takeup spool are off to the side.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have the Canham 617 back and love it. I use it on my Wood Canham and a friend has an Ebony with a Graflok and it works fine on his too.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin