Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,904   Posts: 1,521,255   Online: 1102

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I have two already. My 8x20 and 11x14 Walnut cameras I built myself. I like the lifetime supply of film and expired paper!

Jim

I'm thinking along the same lines as john nanian. I've got more than enough cameras and lenses. If I had seriiouos $$ I'd spend it on serious travelling. Italy and Switzerland for sure. Mexico, Alaska, and a bunch of other places. I'd also spend $$ on film (FP-4+) paper (Fomabrom 111) and chemicals (Ansco 130 and D-76) maybe even build a "for reals" dark room. If I were obscenely wealthy I'd get a A-26 as a platform for my K-17 aerial camera and something like a Jersy Pilot Cutter for exploring the coast of Alaska, where I could take LF photographs and perfect talking like a pirate--arrr!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    House with room for both a studio and a darkroom - outfitted for both B & W and colour!

Matt

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John Kasaian View Post
    I'm thinking along the same lines as john nanian. I've got more than enough cameras and lenses. If I had seriiouos $$ I'd spend it on serious travelling....
    Yeah. me too. I'd travel with what I have.

I've bought and sold more LF gear than I care to admit - hunting for the perfect camera...and I've come to the conclusion that it simply does not exist. They all fall short.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If money was no object, I would start my own custom camera company. An 8x10 Speed Graphic clone would be nice...as would an 11x14 Sinar back.

...but as for things I would just go out and buy if a bag of money were dropped on my head, here is my short list:

- The world's greatest assistant
    - Lots of powerful Mole-Richardsons (4Ks, I believe) and the electrical system to handle them
    - The world's remaining supply of tungsten-balanced film (at least a large chunk of it!)
    - 5x7 Speed Graphic or Technika
    - 8x10/5x7 Sinar kit
    - 8x10 enlarger; Durst or DeVere
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 05-19-2009 at 12:48 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All the post are all what we would like, to have, well with one or two, travel but to me the most important would be time, i don't think money no matter how much, could get you this.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    I have two already. My 8x20 and 11x14 Walnut cameras I built myself.
    If money was no object, I would by the tools and materials and build my own exactly as I wanted it.

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would get a top-end Ebony - both very good (by all accounts) and very beautiful

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Money has never been an obstacle for me.
    I've never had enough for it to get in my way.
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    I'd get a Gandolfi.. (4x5, as I already have the 5x7, 8x10, half plate stereo, full plate and the 12x16....)

money enough? Then I'd go but lenses, rather than cameras. top of the list would be: Pinkham and Smith - Universal Heliar, and Nicolai Perscheid...

Then I'd be happy.....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin