Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,207   Online: 964

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    ansel adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well...

1. A Home, or two (money's no object after all). Designed to my specs of course =)
    2. Build a big darkroom on house #1 with a Durst Horizontal 8x10 enlarger(like http://www.christopherburkett.com/home.html ----click INFORMATION ---> IN THE DARKROOM), actually have a custom color head built 12"x12"(no loss of light on the negs edges). It would be color and b/w friendly, with a wall-mount vacuum easel. And a HUGE sink for my 44"x54" trays i'm welding up right now(stainless)
    3. Build a woodshop on house #1 (to build more cameras of course)
    4. A truck with camper shell. Preferably a Chevy 2500 HD Diesel with a bio-diesel conversion. Veggie oil baby =). And a prius for going around town
    5. A freezer or two for film and paper
    6. And a few cold ones to wash away the sweat from the building
    7. oh... almost forgot.... a few boxes of LODIMA(gr. 2) from Michael and Paula

then i would be set
    Last edited by DanielStone; 05-19-2009 at 09:23 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: forgot something

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by domaz View Post
    I would make and design a LF camera totally out of carbon fiber and aircraft aluminum. Perhaps find some new and exotic lightweight material for the bellows as well. Put in a specially designed integrated light meter for the shots you don't feel like spot metering or calculating bellows extension factor for.
    I have that - it's the Carbon Infinity.

There's a little titanium in it, too. But no integrated light meter - I wouldn't have a LF camera that required batteries.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some new LF gear would be in order. Most of my gear is 60+ years old but still work great. Then maybe buying a small island, like Hawaii, would be nice...

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm liking the look of the Toyo 8x10 View and I hear Linhofs are very good, but I don't really have any idea what I'm talking about.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Just for the hell of it, if money were no object, I would go buy an Ebony 20x24, and be virtually guaranteed of the biggest camera in any particular photo juncture. That little twerp with his Nikon D40 has nothing on me

Oh, and outfit it with nothing but Schneider glass. Woohoo, set for life, until I blow my back out trying to carry the darn thing!
    David

A Holga is an ugly woman, a Brownie is a delicious treat.

dromanophoto.blogspot.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would think long and hard about an extremely small, light weight 4x5 camera.

In fact I have and the answer to me was the, "Excursor I" camera manufactured by Argentum in Hungary.

This camera is extremely light according to the manufacturer, the weight is 0.8kg. Allowing for a lens and two film holders and a small light meter, about 2.5kg.

Now even allowing for some fudging, this is pretty much lighter than any current camera for this format.

There are drawbacks in that you cannot change the orientation from landscape to portrait, if it is a landscape version. Or the other way around if you have a portrait version.

An 8x10 camera in this model range is quoted at €990. The 8x10 camera weighs 2.1kg.

If I wish to do 8x10 contact printing in the future, then this camera will come into contention because of it's extreme light weight, compactness and ability to obviously be carried in a backpack with relative ease.

Even if you start carrying something like this through Brindabella or the Snowy Mountains, you should be able to still walk and talk at the end of a day

Mick.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielStone View Post
    2. Build a big darkroom on house.
    I would build a big darkroom first and then perhaps build a small extension onto it to live in.

Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    i love how this started out as which camera brand is most desirable, and now its
    moved to building our dream darkrooms, attractive assistants, lavish piles of rare
    and exotic film...its great to dream huh
    so i'm seeing a few arca fans, and some ebony fans. but DIY seems popular too.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Money no object -- think inovative - I would hire a staff to build a lightweight, compact monorail camera with all controls (focus, rise, tilt, shift PLUS stop down and shutter cocking) done via small servo-motors with a joystick control at the rear of the camera and under the darkcloth. (Of course, I would keep my Busch Pressman as a backup when something fails.)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin