Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,935   Posts: 1,585,616   Online: 738

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    This is my approach. I installed a grommet in the bottom of my Zone VI holster, and attache the lanyard to the meter holster. As Mike said, the meter will not reach (level) ground. You've still got to watch for rocks, logs,etc., or just don't drop it.

Quote Originally Posted by mikebarger View Post
    I made a lanyard that loops through my belt and attach's to the bottom of the meter. I used a clip from a small dog collar so I can remove the meter from my belt if I need to. The lanyard is long enough that if I drop the meter it will not it the ground.

Mike

ROL
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    If still looking for a holster, I have an orphaned leather one for the Sekonic 778, I'd be willing to part with. I checked it with my Pentax Digital Spot - it fits fine. PM me if interested (I'm in the LA area).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I found a metal belt clip and attach it to my Minolta spotmeter via a standard 1/4" tripod thread screw into the tripod hole in the handle.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Another option is to go in search of a case for cell phones which would fit your meter...belt clip on those, to attach the case.

Shooter
    Large Format
    hi Lads !
    I had the same problem.
    Having seen a Zone VI hoster, I decided to buy some black leather and duplicate it.
    You need a sheet of paper for a mockup, a pair of strong scissors to cut the leather, a leather needle and some leather thread. Add a couple of hours and you've something fantastic holding at your side... Beware where you wear it. It is so nice they may think you've hostile intents...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I second (or is it fourth...) the lanyard method for outdoor/on-the-trail work. It has saved my light meter numerous times. I use an old Zone VI viewing filter lanyard, but a shoelace, etc. would work just as well. The meter lives in a vest pocket when not in use, the lanyard is hooked to a d-ring high on the vest so I can take the whole thing off as a unit when finished shooting. The higher tether keeps the meter from hitting the ground even if I'm bending over.

For city work, however, the meter lives without lanyard in my backpack, and gets taken out only when needed for metering; I have to be more careful, but I've not yet figured out a way to keep the meter in the backpack, keep a lanyard around my neck, bike around the city and take the pack on and off...

Best,

Doremus Scudder
    www.DoremusScudder.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    I made a loop of cord long enough to span the distance between my beltloop and my eye. I use a Carabiner to link the cord to my belt loop. It still won't hit the ground and I can put the meter in my jeans or coat pocket depending on the season.

John

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin