Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,218   Posts: 1,532,200   Online: 957

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Photographer's Formulary Spot Meter Holster

Hello,

After battering my Digital Spotmeter on many occasions, it is - remarkably - still ticking. It has fallen out of jacket pockets more times than I can count, and won't fit well in my pants pockets. However, I found this leather holster from Formulary. For those who have used it, how is it? Thanks in advance.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

spot meter holster

Item has been discontinued, but thanxs for looking.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the reply.

Since the Pentax meter is so often not stocked in camera stores now, I guess pretty much everyone who is ever going to buy one has already bought one, so the same applies to the holsters.

In case I find a used one, I am still interested in hearing opinions. I would not even bother if they are a pain in some way. I'll probably rig my own version instead, using cloth.

Apparently, they were made by Zone VI as well.

Thank you.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    If you have the cash, there are many online leather workers who would make you a custom holster for it. Check cameraleather.com or just google "custom leather" or "custom holster".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi, 2F -

I use and like one of the leather holsters that PF used to sell. If I was looking for one now and didn't get any bites on the WTB section of the classifieds here, I'd either explore having one made for me, as suggested above, or consider one of these. The nylon pouch looks a little less like a pistol holster, probably a good thing in these times, and would offer better weather protection, I'd think.

Graham

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ask and ye shall receive:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ZONE-VI-LEATHER-...3%3A1|294%3A50

Ain't cheap though.

Cheers, Steve

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    After I got mine back from a visit to the repair shop for drying out and cleaning after it fell out of a vest pocket as I bent over a pond, I decided it would be safer on a lanyard around my neck. I have found it is more convenient as well.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I just tied a shoe lace in a loop through the eye on the bottom. I use it as a neck strap, and it has served me well. A holster would get in the way of the waist belt on my hiking pack.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I made a lanyard that loops through my belt and attached to the bottom of the meter. I used a clip from a small dog collar so I can remove the meter from my belt if I need to. The lanyard is long enough that if I drop the meter it will not it the ground.

Mike
    Last edited by mikebarger; 05-22-2009 at 04:40 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin