Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,371   Online: 1049

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    When was that, exactly? I purchased mine on the 21st of January, and I'm still waiting for it....

They had three for sale on their website, one sold via eBay, I purchased one, and you bought one. The one sold on eBay was the older of the two cheaper 400mm lenses - I was told I purchased the newer version (for $699), and the 'New' one is still there, for $999. The numbers just don't add up.

I explicitly purchased the 'Like New' version.

Hmmmm.
    Cheers!

-klm.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I placed the order on the 29th. Mine was also listed as "like new." The impression that I got from Jim was that this one had just become available. Thus, it may never have been on the website. In the flyer it was listed separate from the other lenses. Maybe it was a late addition? MPEX seems to often have different prices for the same item. When I purchase items from their flyer I often save a few bucks. I paid 589 for my lens.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPhil
    I placed the order on the 29th. Mine was also listed as "like new." The impression that I got from Jim was that this one had just become available. Thus, it may never have been on the website. In the flyer it was listed separate from the other lenses. Maybe it was a late addition? MPEX seems to often have different prices for the same item. When I purchase items from their flyer I often save a few bucks. I paid 589 for my lens.
    D'oh! :evil:

Ah well, no worries. What I paid was still cheaper than what the one went for on eBay, and Jim said the lens was practically new.

The bummer is I'll have to wait until next week. Canada Custom's is *so* annoying.
    Cheers!

-klm.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    They found out you drive a BMW Ken LOL!!
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by EricR
    They found out you drive a BMW Ken LOL!!
    Yeah, buggers. Ah well. Good things come to he who waits.

Right?

RIGHT?
    Cheers!

-klm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No, you gotta get out and rattle some cages, then run like hell! ;-)
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I can almost touch it:

So close. So very close.

And trust me, I'll be on the phone Monday trying to track it down. Not sure what I can do to track it tho, since it's a US tracking number, and it's now in the Canadian Postal System...
    Cheers!

-klm.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Midwest customer service is awesome. Today I tried ordering a lens just to get a working shutter. Jim would not let me order the lens until I checked with a contact of of his who might repair my broken shutter which he thinks might be a cheaper option. In this day and age, that is amazing reminds me of the movie "Miracle on 34th Street" where the Macy's santa sent a customer to another store.

I spent a few minutes chatting with Jim - he is the large format guy. He has a passion for large format and quality customer service.

I have made a number of darkroom and lens purchases with these guys, and guess what I am going back. Monday I am going to order my 5x7 with lens adaptor board. :twisted:

- Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    So far, my business has been minimal but their help with technical issues was excellent even though the item was only $30.
    Truly, dr bob.
    I love the smell of fixer in the morning. It smells like...creativity!
    Truly, dr bob.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Ken,

That looks just like mine. You're going to love it.

Phil

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin