Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,880   Posts: 1,520,447   Online: 974

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Ahhhh!

I learned something new. Both of my Fuji lenses are "upside down." Now I can impress all my friends with... it's a copal B shutter. IS the other version called copal A?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I think the 'B' and 'C' designation was put forth by Kerry Thalmann, and isn't a standard naming convention. Since the one you have is not a 'B', then it must be a 'C'? Who knows. Manufacturers go their own way.

As long as it fires at something close to the indicated speeds, any shutter is fine by me!
    Cheers!

-klm.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Elementary my dear Watson. I do believe you have the answer. Looking at my shutter more carefully and coparing it against a known Copal 0. The shutter for the Fuji lens just says Copal.

I do not think a recessed lens board is needed with your lens, but I am looking for a Wista/Technika board that is the reverse to let me mount a longer lens on my Wista and focus closer than infinity. Those puppies are not cheap

- Mike

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    MPEX is possibly the best camera store around, well worth the phone call. I just got my technika V in and I have to say when he said it was beautiful he was not lying, its perfect! Having so many places within walking distance can kind of spoil you with Adorama, BH, Len&Repro ..... but no where like MPEX for friendly service except maybe Photo Gizzmo.

I also want to praise MidWest for their excellent quality of customer service! I bought a used Mamiya 7 lens from them recently that did not quite meet the description given as the focusing was not working 100% correctly. Of course the only way to know this was to put the lens on a camera, shoot negatives and then examine the negatives with a loupe.

Upon discovery I called MidWest and talked with Tom. He assured me he would immediately send me another used lens in as good if not better condition than I had presently received. He was very true to his word as quite quickly the new lens arrived. The replacement lens was in superb condition and I am delighted with the negs.

Thanks MidWest PhotoExchange !

As a sidebar ... the only other online vendor who has equaled or surpassed this level of service for myself is Zager Guitars. The folks also know the meaning of "Cadillac of Service" and they receive my full 100% recommendation.

Kind Regards,
    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

I recently inquired about an item listed on their web site, by email. After sending reminder I got a response back that the item is no longer available. That was a week ago, and it's still listed in their current inventory. I ended up getting the same item brand new for not much more.

Their prices seem pretty high for accessories. An upsell tactic? They want $199 for a 1-2-3 P67 extension tube set. I bought the same from KEH for $149 with a bag (LN). Adorama asked $135 for the same IIRC, but it turned out they had accidentally mislabeled a set of outer tubes and I wanted the inner bayo ones. MPEX's asking prices vary from reasonable, to slightly inflated, to just plain out of touch. You know if KEH beats you price, you're high!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin