Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,909   Posts: 1,556,137   Online: 1048

Can anyone give me an advise on witch lens to choose for a panoramic camera. negative format wil be 6x17. I'm collecting enough information to build my own. I'm searching for a lens for interior, as wide as possible but still covering the 200 mm. An schneider super angulon XL 75 mm would do fine but is not affordable.... :-(

Any suggestions?

thanx

Flip

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If price is a concern, an older 90mm Super Angulon - or even a 120mm Angulon could be used. They are both fine lenses, although the 120mm angulon seems to be very variable. Mine's very sharp, but I have heard there are some rather soft ones.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    6x17 only needs 179mm; however, 200mm would allow for some movements. With lenses you have lots of choices. 75mm grandagons (f 4.5 and 6.8) would both work. The 75mm offerings from Schneider, Nikon and Fujinon would also work. The grandagon f6.8 will likely be the least expensive choice. A 72mm SA XL would be the widest that has full coverage.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Wow if you put an 8 and a ) together you get a 8)

simple minds are easily amused

That was supposed to be a f6.8 grandagon

thanx !!!! :-))

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have several older angulons, which I love. A 90 will cover your format. I use mine with a 4x5 and have movement. They are lighter and much cheaper than the superangulons. There are usually two or three on e-bay at any given time.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin