Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,414   Online: 997

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Confusion over Fuji FP-100B45

This could be placed in quite a few different areas here, but since it is 4x5, I went with LF, Move if needed, Thank You.

This morning when I came to work I got what seems to be conflicting items.

In the mail came a sample package of FujiFilm "Instant Black & White Film, FP-100 B45 Professional 4x5(9x12cm) package 10 prints"

This item is listed as "New" on the Fuji USA site http://www.fujifilmusa.com/products/...der/index.html and as I understand it, you need either the Fuji PA-45 holder or the Polaroid 550 holder.

Also this morning I received an email from a distributor listing FujiFilm "FP100B 4x5D" as a returning item and states "replaces Polaroid T54 (req. adapter)"

Now it's been quite a while since I have used my Polaroid 4x5 Back, but I thought "T54" was one of the films I was able to use in my 545 holder.

The big questions are: Are these two (2) different films? If not, Is there really an adapter to make this pack film work in a 545 holder (can't imagine how)? Also, Can you use a Polaroid 550 holder in place of a 545 for a view camera?

Thank you for you cooperation.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The Fuji 4x5 films require the pack-film back. Polaroid made one, Fuji still does. Both work fine in all 4x5 cameras equipped with a graflok-type back. The older wood cameras with the spring backs won't open wide enough for the rather thick pack-film back.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PHOTOTONE View Post
    The older wood cameras with the spring backs won't open wide enough for the rather thick pack-film back.
    Some spring backs can handle the 550 holders. I know my Nagaoka spring back has no problem. I believe Tachiharas can handle them as well - you need to check with the manufacturer specs to be sure. The 550 holder is about the same thickness as a 405 type holder.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jerk151 View Post
    Also this morning I received an email from a distributor listing FujiFilm "FP100B 4x5D" as a returning item and states "replaces Polaroid T54 (req. adapter)"

Now it's been quite a while since I have used my Polaroid 4x5 Back, but I thought "T54" was one of the films I was able to use in my 545 holder.
    I am guessing that this distributor is trying to market this to folks who used to use the sheet film Polaroid and are feeling the loss of that product. Perhaps the adapter is the PA-45 pack film holder. Sounds ether like they are confused or being a little misleading.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Will the pack film holder for Fuji 4x5 pack film fit under the back of my Technika without having to take the back off?
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzy View Post
    Will the pack film holder for Fuji 4x5 pack film fit under the back of my Technika without having to take the back off?

The Polaroid version of the 4x5 pack film back is 1.08" or 28mm thick. Almost as thick as a stack of 2 and 1/2 4x5 size Fidelity cut-film holders. I suspect the Fuji version is the same thickness, as the size is determined by the contents to a certain extent.

They are designed to slide in under the ground glass on cameras that can accommodate them, or replace the ground glass on graflok-equipped backs if you so choose. Generally, a graflok-style back will accommodate them either way, as the graflok-style ground glass spring allows for a wider opening under the ground glass.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin