Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,611   Online: 703

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

8x10 changing bag

Well, as this summer I will be unable to use my film loading room, I'm going to need a changing bag or something. I was wondering how you all load 8x10 in a bag. I also need to be able to load developing tubes in said bag.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Large Format
    Get a tent, not a bag. I have a Harrison and recommend them highly. Get an extra large one so you have plenty of room.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use 35mm and MF, but I have a Photoflex Changing Room that you can get from FreeStyle [a shameless plug for one of our sponsers, item #25001] for $89.99. Their catalog states that, "You can even change 8"x10" film."

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Harrison Jumbo tent is handy for 8x10 and larger but it's pricey. The photoflex changing room will work in a pinch but I have a hard time with more than 2 holders because of lack of space, it's a little tight and cumbersome with trying to manuever the dark slides and film box etc. The jumbo tent you can almost use as a tent for kids if you want
    regards
    erik

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Harrison jumbo tent

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Harrison jumbo. I have a smaller Harrison; even for rollfilm or 4x5 it's a tight fit. Great product, well made and highly functional. Worth the price.
    Michael Sebastian
    Website | Blog

Shooter
    Large Format
    Harrison Jumbo....one of best investments I ever made. I use it for 8x10 and 7x17.
    John Bowen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    I use 35mm and MF, but I have a Photoflex Changing Room that you can get from FreeStyle [a shameless plug for one of our sponsers, item #25001] for $89.99. Their catalog states that, "You can even change 8"x10" film."

Steve
    This is what I use for 35mm (though not necessary for this) and 4x5. My only, mild, complaint is it seems slightly awkward where the arm holes are located. I wish they were in the facing surface rather than the sides.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you don't need to backpack it or carry it around much, the Fuji FDB12 Dark Box is great, quickly folds up flat for storage, and is usually available much cheaper than the jumbo Harrison tents. There's one on Craig's List right now for $50, I think I gave $60 for mine on the Bay and I love it. It is very heavy, but built like a tank, and collapses and folds up flat very quickly to about 12x26x3" with a carrying handle. Huge inside, and the sleeves are well placed with double elastic. NOT a lightweight solution, since the two-piece hinged folding base is made of 1/2" Formica-covered particle board, but it's very packable/portable for auto travel. Seems to be relatively dust free, too.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I also recommend the Harrison Jumbo tent. I load holders and unload my film (8x10, 5x12, whole plate) into Jobo 3004/3005 Expert tanks.
    Diane

Halak 41

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin