Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,129   Online: 863

Shooter
    Multi Format

Need a couple of developed "junk" negatives

I posted this on the LF Forum, and got zero responses. Guess I'll try it here.

Not sure where to post this rather oddball request, but I need a couple of negatives to do some scanner experimenting and testing. Content doesn't matter at all, but the more detail to work with the better. I'm thinking of moving up in format size from 4x5 to either 5x7 or 8x10, and want to see what I can do with multipass scans of those two sizes of negative using my existing flatbed scanner. But I don't have a single negative in those sizes to play around with. I'll be glad to forward payment via PayPal to pay for the cost of the film and mailing.

So: If anybody has throwaway negatives in those sizes they are willing to mail, please PM me.

Many thanks,
    Jerry

Shooter
    4x5 Format

negs

hi jerry send me your address and i will send you some 4 x 5 and a 8 x 10 if i can find the one i just trew away. oh they are hp5 +
    mitch
    mitch brown

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks, gentlemen. A couple of APUGers have offered to send some for testing, so that should be all I need. Very much appreciate the help.
    Jerry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If I can hitch-hike on this thread....

For purely analogue purposes, I could use a "discard" 4x5 B&W negative.

I've got a new to me Omega D6 enlarger - 4x5 capability (including 4x5 carriers, both with and without glass), but no 4x5 negatives to use for mundane things like checking alignment.

A negative with detail in the centre and corners that is in focus would be appreciated greatly.

I know this is a lot to ask...

Matt

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Matt, I find it easier to scratch an "X" across an old, or even undeveloped 4x5 neg...I also draw an box just inside the image area of the film and a small"x" in each triangle formed by the big "X". The scratches are easy to focus on and become quite distinct. Just have the neg on a solid surface when scratching it, so that you do not deform it.

The scratch lines are nice to check focus on because one can easily see how well the line stays in focus as it goes across the film.

I can mail you a couple undeveloped sheets if you need them -- email me your address. I'll even scratch them for you.

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wager123 View Post
    hi jerry send me your address and i will send you some 4 x 5 and a 8 x 10 if i can find the one i just trew away. oh they are hp5 +
    mitch
    Got it today, Mitch. Thanks a bunch!!
    Jerry

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin