Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,533   Posts: 1,572,710   Online: 809

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images
    Does anyone know of a vendor in California that has the f64 or similar backpack on display? Trying to see if my rig will fit inside of it.

Brian
    hi!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Images
    Anyone using the f64 bag for 8x10 or 4x5 monorail? I'm looking at the Extra large one, but by the specs I see on B&H, it looks like it might be a snug fit for my camera. Is there room for 8x10 film holders and a camera?
    hi!

I think the f64 will only take a field camera, not a monorail. I read somewhere that the wisner 8x10 wood was used as the camera to build around when they designed the case.

I bought mine from the "f-stops here" in 1997. don't know if they are still in business.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use the big F64 bag for my 8x10 Korona. The Korona, when folded, is about 14" x 15" x 6.5" and fits well. I can't imagine a bigger camera fitting though. I put 3 8x10 holders in the outer pouch, though I've read that some are stuffing 4 in. In the top section I stow a 19" Artar (no lens board), light meter, dark cloth, filters, loupe, etc. I strap the extension rail to the outside of the pack. I do not use the two removable pouches that are provided with the pack for my 8x10 gear. I purchased the bag direct from the factory at a significant savings.
    http://www.f64camerabags.com/backpacks.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    whoa, these types of bags are exactly what I've been looking for

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have had one for years. You cannot backpack with them at full load for too long because they are not TRUE backpacks. They will hurt your back after a while as they put too much pressure on the shoulders (they do not have a frame). Plus, the zippers are difficult to use comfortably. Finally, the material will start to rip apart if you often use a full load when you go hiking.

Why I have one? Fits the overhead compartment of most airplanes.
    Francesco

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Francesco, do you know of a similar brand that has a frame for hiking? thanks

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Hi Sean, this is what I am considering to replace my F64. A true backpack and one geared towards photographers hiking long distances. www.focustrading.se/Index.aspx
    Francesco

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I wonder if you could graft the f64 pack to a framed pack. REI has a number of reasonably priced packs that you can detach from the frame.

Think that might work? Would certainly give you a true back-packing pack was that a redundant statement - well its past my bed time

- Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin