Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,964   Posts: 1,523,308   Online: 1239

Images
    I'm looking for a case or container that fits my 57 Deardorff just right. I'm carrying it in a Haliburton aluminum case now. I know it is safe in there while I'm driving the dirt roads of the west. Waterproof, dust proof, etc. It is too big though and when I look for something just right, I can't find it. Any ideas? What are you all using?

Thanks.

can't help you exactly (my sinar 5x7 is much bigger than the deardorff). I used the f64 8x10 pack when I had a Chanham wood 5x7 and liked it a lot well padded and had a rainproof cover which could be deployed. I kept the camera and lenses and accesssories in the main compartment and the film holders in the separate compartment at the top.
    Lightware and Tenba are also supposed to have good bags for view cameras, you might check their websites.
    Take care,
    Tom

Hi, I use a cardboard box for my Burke and James, so you're one up on me. I'm interested too in what others have for a camera case for a 5x7.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i use a tenba car case - the szabad 5x7 - folded, fits perfectly in the center compartment, and the lens case ( has maybe 5 lenses on speed graphic boards) , and between 15-20 5x7 film holders, loupe, dark cloth, light meters & reducing back, polaroids & "stuff" easily fit in the 2 side compartments.

i don't do a lot of hiking or whatever ... i just kind of schlepp it to where i need it to be - usually not far from the car ..

- john

btw: the lens case comes with the car case ...

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Mine is in a hard leather flip top case from the mid '60's that was originally home to a Polaroid Land outfit. Perfect fit. JUST slides in with the tripod quick release attached. Not even room for a lens to go in with it. For what the old Polaroid 95's go for you could use the camera for a wheel chock.
    Like this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=3347

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I avoid that problem by using a 5x7" Technika: It is a box...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I vote with jnanian. My Deardorff is an 8x10, but I have always (14 years) kept it in a Tenba backpack. It's safe in the closet, rides well in the back of the SUV and easy to access in a parking lot, or 3 miles up the trail. Nice padding, relatively dust-proof. Everything is in one place, with plenty of pockets.
    Now. Whaddaya got for an 11x14???

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin