Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,889   Posts: 1,520,791   Online: 1155

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I started to place another order and went right up to the payment page, so yes his "business" is continuing.

I think I'm going to try to make my own. According to Dick Dokas, by using the right abrasives, you can produce a gg at least one stop brighter than the norm. Doesn't seem that difficult... maybe I should go into the business.

Dokas link at: http://www.dokasphotos.com/techniques/ground_glass/

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There won't be any wonder ground screens: the finer the `grizzle´, the brighter the screen will be at the center and the larger the light-fall-off to the sides will be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Update: when visiting the site just now I got the following message:

Sorry,
    We're currently closed to solve some problems.

Current orders are still processed and will be shipped

Hope to see you back soon!

GVB Groundglass

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Black View Post
    Update: when visiting the site just now I got the following message:

Sorry,
    We're currently closed to solve some problems.

Current orders are still processed and will be shipped

Hope to see you back soon!

GVB Groundglass
    Interesting. Interesting to see if he does actually honour all of the current orders, seeing as he won't reply to anybody's emails. It would be nice if Geert could have the dignity to just send a reply stating that he is having some problems but the stuff will be sent eventually, instead of complete silence.

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    There won't be any wonder ground screens: the finer the `grizzle´, the brighter the screen will be at the center and the larger the light-fall-off to the sides will be.
    I've made a couple using 800 grit silicon carbide. Worked very well, with no problematic "hot spots". The glass I used were old unexposed glass plates with the right dimensions for my Voigtländer Avus and Bergheil cameras. The glass plates also had the same thickness as the original glass, so they fit perfectly in their holders. I think Voigtländer originally used the same glass as plates was made of.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Why don't you try Brightscreen !

If you can stand dealing with a southern gentleman from the great state of Tennessee, in the States.

Reach him at:

http://www.brightscreenstore.com/store/

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanishing Point Ent. View Post
    Why don't you try Brightscreen !

If you can stand dealing with a southern gentleman from the great state of Tennessee, in the States.

Reach him at:

http://www.brightscreenstore.com/store/
    Maybe because we in europe do not want to pay a $30 shipping fee... or is it $16 + $30, the shipping page isn't quite clear. If it's the latter, that'd be more than a screen from sheetfilm.be.
    Also it's not very helpful for those of us who have ordered as I've emailed sheetfilm.be and requested my order be cancelled and my money refunded and have not had a reply so I'm still out of pocket by about £36.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Same situation here, I just thought he had alot of back orders.

Ordered mine in Feb 2009..thats like..5 frigging months..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Scheetfilm is situated about 30 km from where a live, when I have the time, I will check it out, I do not know what is going on with hem.
    But what I do know is, that this year about 12 colleagues had to stop their business in my area. I do not know if this is the case with scheetfilm (Argus), and really I do hope it is not.
    Ever heard about the recession, due to the American credit crisis, that is going on in Europe now?
    It is a f**ng hell of a fight for the small (and big) business over here!
    Give us a break!

Philippe
    "...If you can not stand the rustle of the leafs, then do not go in to the woods..."
    (freely translated quote by Guido Gezelle)

PS: English is only my third language, please do forgive me my sloppy grammar...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Things are tough all over, but that doesn't excuse Geert's poor business practices.

Up until about a week ago, he was still taking new orders (paid up front) while being unable or unwilling to communicate with clients who had placed and paid for orders 4 or 5 months ago.

I think we've all given him the break... now it's time for him to deliver.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin