Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,822   Posts: 1,581,886   Online: 1158

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    For those in the USA, another good alternative is Steve Hopf. Look up Steve Hopf's Ground Glass store on EBay.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Phillippe - please don't patronise us with talk of the recession which we are all more than aware of. If Geert really is affected by this (unlikely) and is having difficulty in fulfilling orders then it would be nice if he had the decency and courtesy to at least let his customers know where they stand. And the fact that he was still taking orders up until recently pretty much renders your theory highly unlikely.

Whether that be a message on the sheetfilm website or even replying to all of the emails with a standard reply that would be better than the wall of silence we have currently. I am fortunate in the fact that I am only awaiting a single box of sheetfilm but a quick search on the internet (and looking at this thread) reveals many people have spent a lot of money and are waiting for much larger orders. This is not acceptable.

And finally, the groundglass I ordered (and received) was no better in terms of brightness than the original Graflex one. Sorry if I seem like I am moaning but dealing with Geert has been a complete waste of time and money.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quick update - Geert has refunded me the money for the film. Hopefully other people have heard something from him too.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    my status says "shipped" but its been a month since...

hmm....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I see his website is back online. My order now shows "handling/production" started on June 22.

I guess that's a start. I live in hope.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I wouldn't put up with that. Just cancel the order and move on.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    13 Posts spongeboy That's UNLUCKY so I'm going to JUMP on you.

DON'T take sides, non of us know why Geert's had problems, he has a full-time job and also a very young child. Sometimes things happen, but on-line witch hunts are not very fair when no-one is aware of the facts.

Geert almost certainly has a large back order situation because a US manufacturer decided to stop trading last year after horrific family problems (out side his control).

So DON'T jump in spouting off when you know SWEET FA.

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Ian,

That may be but a little communication could save us a lot of trouble. We do know what happened to the guy in the US and it was tragic. However, I still don't know what's up with sheetfilm.be. I emailed him to cancel the order but now it says it's being produced so I can't. Also due to the huge delay none of us could cancel our paypal payments either.

It's quite rude to jump on the new people anyway...
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    BTW, Ralph T, mine says the same date. I guess we're ground glass buddies now.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have received the ground glass from GVB I mentioned earlier in this thread. The glass is bright, easy to focus and appears to be very well made. All in all I would say that it is a quality product.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin