Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,223   Posts: 1,532,522   Online: 1131

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Anybody ordered from Sheetfilm.be?

I hate for my first post to be a negative one but has anyone had any problems with ordering film from Geert at sheetfilm.be?

I ordered a box of 25 sheets of Wephota 25ASA film in early January and have still not received it. Initially Geert promised he'd look into the matter but now is completely ignoring my emails and PMs on here, and has been for at least the last month or so.

Does anyone have an alternate email address for him, or if they know him well and could remind him of this I'd be very grateful. Thanks, Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If somebody finds Geert, please also remind him that he owes me a groundglass that I ordered and paid for in March and am still waiting for.

I think he knows that, even though he hasn't answered my emails or PMs lately either.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I ordered and paid for a ground glass in January. In the beginning of April Geert sent me an email in which he told me that the item would be shipped shortly. I have not received the ground glass, nor do Geert answer my emails.

More unhappy customers: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum44/58372-bosscreen.html - see post 5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Shame to hear this. I bought a ground glass from him late 2007 & he was good to deal with. Quick replies, the glass was nice quality & sent quickly. He even refunded a slight postage overcharge.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    When I ordered in March it said they can't promise the usual 6 weeks delivery right on the front page of the website. It still says that on the website now.
    "We are currently experiencing a production delay. The normal delivery time of 6 weeks can not be promised. Orders are processed on a first come first serve basis too fulfill our committement. Thanks for the understanding. " - from sheetfilm.be website

By my calculation it's been about 11 weeks for my order personally but I have no clue what their production problems are and I have every faith that I'll get it eventually.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    why don't you pm him here ?
    he goes by the handle argus ...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I ordered a ground glass which was paid February 17th. Last notice was a "handling/production started on 7th of April". Nothing has surfaced here yet.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've emailed the email addresses I have for him as well as PM'd him here and on LF. No reply to anything.

Seeing that I am not the only one in this boat makes the message pretty clear.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for all the replies, makes me feel slightly better for myself that I'm not the only one. But equally annoyed that there are many more people awaiting film/glass.

I've emailed every address he has listed, PMed on here and other forums he is known to frequent with no reply. Luckily I did receive my Lumigrid Groundglass I ordered at the same time as my film, although in all honesty it was not brilliant. Wasn't noticeably brighter than the original Graflex one when it should have been - at least 2 stops apparently.

I wonder if Geert is still taking new orders at the moment?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I started to place another order and went right up to the payment page, so yes his "business" is continuing.

I think I'm going to try to make my own. According to Dick Dokas, by using the right abrasives, you can produce a gg at least one stop brighter than the norm. Doesn't seem that difficult... maybe I should go into the business.

Dokas link at: http://www.dokasphotos.com/techniques/ground_glass/

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin