Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,927   Posts: 1,556,821   Online: 843

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format

Lee Filter Holder

Quote Originally Posted by RJS View Post
    Lee makes a filter holder held on the lens with a rubber band. It uses their largish gel filters and works quite well with the extremely short 9I.E. 65MM, 58MM and shorter lenses.. Holds the gel right against the front of the barrel, so no vignetting.
    Do you have a name/Model Number?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    The nice thing about the lens holder RJ is talking about you can put them on the inside part of the lens and most times the holder will fit inside the camera and lens board. I do that with my 8x10 that way no glare and reflective properties happen. they also say that having the filter inside is better. not sure why i don't see any difference.
    m andersen
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by michael9793 View Post
    The nice thing about the lens holder RJ is talking about you can put them on the inside part of the lens and most times the holder will fit inside the camera and lens board. I do that with my 8x10 that way no glare and reflective properties happen. they also say that having the filter inside is better. not sure why i don't see any difference.
    m andersen
    don't you have to take the lens off the camera to do that & wouldn't you have to refocus - ?

Is there such a thing as a combination yellow filter + ND?

I'm still working on this.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Armstrong View Post
    What was the Nikon ND filter you mentioned buying? Size, density?
    Paul, the one I bought that was flopping around was the Kodak Wratten ND 2.0 (6 2/3 stops). I like the strength of this just don't know which brand. I'm thinking about the Cokin system. Sometimes I shoot in the wind and need stability. With a bag bellows it's (the wind) not a problem. I got the 67-77 step up ring, but I don't think 77mm is big enough. still vignetting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Wratten for all it's floppiness is going to be much cleaner optically than the Cokin.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by djkloss View Post
    don't you have to take the lens off the camera to do that & wouldn't you have to refocus - ?

Is there such a thing as a combination yellow filter + ND?

I'm still working on this.
    Dorothy,

Remind me to bring my Voss gel holder to John's if you come down so that I can show you how to use gels inside the camera. I think a few places still carry an equivalent gel holder, but gels have gotten much more expensive.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L View Post
    Dorothy,

Remind me to bring my Voss gel holder to John's if you come down so that I can show you how to use gels inside the camera. I think a few places still carry an equivalent gel holder, but gels have gotten much more expensive.

Lee
    I'm planning on coming if I don't spend all my money on more filters!
    I'd like to see a Cokin X-pro and a Lee to see how they work

GJA
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I just bought a Sinar camera and the person who sold it had done the most ingenious thing.

On the back of the lensboard he had glued two pieces of metal. They were c shaped, but square, so that each has a flat surface about two inches behind the board and i little behind the lens. They are steel. On each of his filters he glues two small flat magnets. Such that the filter simply magnetically sticks on behind the lens. No screws, no tape. They are fast to add or remove and can be stacked. Furthermore, there is no vignetting because they are much larger than the rearmost element on the lens.

I can post some pictures later, but all my memory cards are full and my digital camera's batteries havnt been charged in a while.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GJA View Post
    I just bought a Sinar camera and the person who sold it had done the most ingenious thing.

On the back of the lensboard he had glued two pieces of metal. They were c shaped, but square, so that each has a flat surface about two inches behind the board and i little behind the lens. They are steel. On each of his filters he glues two small flat magnets. Such that the filter simply magnetically sticks on behind the lens. No screws, no tape. They are fast to add or remove and can be stacked. Furthermore, there is no vignetting because they are much larger than the rearmost element on the lens.

I can post some pictures later, but all my memory cards are full and my digital camera's batteries havnt been charged in a while.
    I would love to see pictures when you get a chance

Shooter
    Multi Format
    GJA
    What a great idea. I put velcro buttons on the back of lensboards and velcro on my 4 x 4 filter frames.
    Richard

Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin