Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,059   Posts: 1,611,294   Online: 986

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (Samsung 2700: SAMSUNG-B2700/XBIB2 SHP/VPP/R5 NetFront/3.4 SMM-MMS/1.2.0 profile/MIDP-2.0 configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I don't really notice that image is upside down.
    When i see something iteresting to photograph, i frame it just on my brains and choose the lens that i know to have same field of view.

Haven't noticed my composition any better than with prism view finders or waist level finders.
    I tend to do always same mistakes by composing too much by the old rules like a golden ratio (is it right term in english?).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I though it was the two-fifths rule.

Weird: In photo classes, I have learned it as the "rule of thirds", while in art history classes, I learned "the golden proportion as "the two-fifths rule".

Ah, fergit the rules. You own the mofo, so you make your own rules.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There is a "rule of thirds" and a different "golden mean" rule, there are also as many other rules of composition as you wish to make up or search out in books on art. As has been said before, it's great to have so many standards from which to choose.

It's either one size fits all, or one size gives us all fits.

Lee

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Nebenzahl View Post
    I knew someone would bring this up.

Yes, that's the way our optical sensory system works. But it sure as hell doesn't mean that viewing a scene upside down is "natural"; the view is 180 degrees out of whack, unless one is standing on their head.

Oh, well. People like to rationalize all kinds of stuff. Who am I to stand in their way?

Why would you insist that what you experience is THE norm and the rest of us are a bunch of irrational lunatics. Get real. It has been years since I looked at a ground glass and my brain told me the picture was upside down. Get over yourself.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin