Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,715   Online: 981

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Megaperls has new and used pa45 backs from time to time. They are also showing a "145" back now, not sure what the difference is but have a look... they have used ones too...

http://www.japanexposures.com/shop/i...0623d4ac75cae6

If all you want to do is check exposure of a central subject then you can use a smaller format (3.25x4.25) instant film in the 405. That saves some $$$ on film.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the clarification.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Just in case you're still not clear, Fuji makes two sizes of film packs. The smaller one fits in the Polaroid 405 holder. I don't believe Fuji even makes a holder for this film themselves. This film gives a 3.25 x 4.25 inch image. The larger film gives a 4x5 image and is compatible with the Fuji holder and the Polaroid 550 holder. The price difference is roughly $12 for the smaller and $30 for the larger. Each pack gives 10 images. The Polaroid 545 individual sheet holder is incompatible with either size.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Greg, looking at the megaperls site linked above, it looks like the Fuji 145 holder is their version of the 3.25 x 4.25" holder.

Shooter
    35mm
    Oh. Sorry about the confusion!

Two sizes of Fuji Pack film
    1. FP100x is 4.25x3.25 inches, and can be used in the Polaroid 405 back, the Fuji PA-145 back, and the Polaroid 'Automatic' series of cameras (that's another topic, best served by looking for The Land List web site
    2. FP100x45 is 4x5 inches and can be used in the Polaroid 550 back, the Fuji PA-45 back, or some Polaroid passport cameras

In both cases x can be B or C (B&W or Colour), and actually even the number can change (being the film speed: i.e. FP100; FP400; FP3000; are 100, 400, 3000 ASA respectively).

The Fuji numbering system is pretty consistent actually! The only fly in the ointment is that there is sometimes a choice of finish - gloss or 'silk', but that's stated in the film name. If 'silk' isn't mentioned, then it's gloss!)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the clarification, it helps a great deal.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Keith, that is the first Fuji holder i have seen for the smaller film. B&H, Calumet, or Freestyle don't list it as far as I can find. I was left to guess that Fuji simply made film for Polaroid's holder.

Bob, with either holder, your camera will need a Graflok type back to hold it. I have managed to fit the Polaroid 405 holder under the GG frame on a Toyo camera, but it won't fit under the frame of my Crown Graphic. It will fit both using the Graflok slides.
    Last edited by Greg Davis; 06-23-2009 at 03:21 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
    Keith, that is the first Fuji holder i have seen for the smaller film. B&H, Calumet, or Freestyle don't list it as far as I can find. I was left to guess that Fuji simply made film for Polaroid's holder.
    Yup, occasionally I peruse megaperls / Japan exposures and find all sorts of goodies that we don't find in our stores yet!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use both the Fuji PA45 and the smaller instant holder (405) with Fuji film for checking difficult exposures. The Fuji PA45 is particularly useful for checking architectural work when using the Schneider 58mm lens and the 405 is useful for checking exposure on Macro work at 1:1 or higher.
    The Thing

Portfolio

Film Cameras currently used:
    Large/Stort-format: Ebony 45SU (field camera), Medium/Medlem-format: Mamiya 7, Hasselblad 503CW
    35mm/Små format: Nikon: F4, D800 (yes digital, I know)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by namke View Post
    for exposure (not composition) checks, I use 'standard' FP100C (not '45') in a Polaroid 405 back. I'd like to have a go with the 4x5 instant film, but the 550 backs still seem to be not that cheap... I'd love to find a $40 550 !!

(Fuji FP100C45 fits the Polaroid 550 or Fuji PA-45 back; Fuji FP100C fits the Polaroid 405 back)
    I found a PA-45 today for $20... The store has a couple more (attached to old passport cameras) for $40 each. Hopefully they are still there next Friday...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin