Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,296   Posts: 1,535,730   Online: 856

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have the Photo Trekker AW and it is huge. You might want to take a look at that bag as well.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by david b
    I have the Photo Trekker AW and it is huge. You might want to take a look at that bag as well.
    How far are you guys hiking with your whole kit? I take what I think I'll need, and leave the rest in the trunk of the car. Basically ends up being the camera on the tripod over my shoulder with my dark cloth folded up to make a nice pad. Small backpack with my meter, a few film holders, filters, and notebook. I can't see hiking any distance with my whole kit on my back.
    hi!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I always plan my trips to involve a mximum hike of about 5km with my gear (8x10, 6 holders, 2 lenses, accessories, and tripod), stopping now and then to rest or to just take in the surroundings. Most of the places I visit do not allow cars to come anywhere near them.

Images
    Sean, have you weighed yours with your gear in it yet? I tried out a Kelty 2650 at the sporting goods store tonight. We weighed it with my dorff 8x10, 4 holders, 2 lenses, meter and loupe and it was about 24lbs. Add 7.5 for the tripod, and I am over 31lbs :O I didnt like the way it fit my body, and am going to wait and see what their next shipment looks like (different bags). The kelty is a weekend hiking internal frame pack, and costs between $75 and $100 depending on where you get it,
    hi!

Images
    hi!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Will try it out this weekend, will be over 30 I'm sure..

I looked at the Lowepro bags mentioned here and spoke with an owner who found it a bit heavy. So I opted for a Kinesis Journeyman. It holds my Arca-Swiss F-line, 5 lenses, filters, film, cloth, extra bellows, etc, and weighs 25 llbs. The harness is IMHO much more comfortable than the Lowe Pro.
    Bob

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Has nobody managed to link the James Bond jetpack with a photo-rucksack yet?!

Talk about a missed opportunity...

The destination is important, but so is the journey

Has any one used or compared the Lowe Pro Road Runner AW?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bmac
    I think everything I have with the tripid hooked to the pack was like 39lbs. SOunds heavy but I walked up and down the street and it didn't phase me..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin