Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,114   Posts: 1,613,070   Online: 1125

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Has anyone used this backpack with an 8x10 field camera, lenses, holders, etc.? What do you think of it? Many thanks.

I have the super trekker, and it work great for 8x10 - holds my Zone VI ultralight, 3 lenses, meter, filters, DSLR body and 3 lenses, and in the daypack, I carry 6 8x10 film holders. I have a second bag I carry my other 4 holders is. I don't carry my tripod on the back (it is a heavy manfrotto 075) but when I replace that with a Carbon Fibre, I will shift to having the tripod on the bag too.
    Eric Boutilier-Brown
    Moncton, NB, Canada

www.evolvingbeauty.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Wow! Thats a lot of gear Eric. Thanks for the info. This is the pack I am going for to replace my f64, which is now totally done for.
    Francesco

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ok, I'm drooling now...

Looks like they've gone all out on this pack.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, I've been looking for this exact pack (since I'll be trekking my 8x10 around NZ hills and terrain with my bad back). I did some shopping and just bought one!

Adorama- 389.00
    B&H- 389.00
    EBAY- Buy Now, New 279.00!

Good ole Ebay

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Well done Sean!!!!!! Never underestimate the importance of a great (and great looking) backpack.
    Francesco

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Here's my dissenting opinion. I have a Lowepro Pro Trekker, which has the same suspension as the super trekker. Coming from a mountaineering background, the suspension on the pack sucks. I've started carrying my gear in a regular old rucksack by dana design. I'm also in the market for a good padding system. I have my eye on the dividers from pelican cases.
    Facts are facts; however, perception is reality.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I didn't think it would be the same suspension since their advertising brags that compared to the Pro Trekker the Super Trekker AWII was recently rebuilt from the ground up.

"Super Trekker AW II went back to the drawing board. The result? A great-looking, virtually new pack with new, hi-tech materials and lots of extra features. An improved harness system — the most advanced technical harness system of any camera pack — includes an adjustable expedition-quality harness with an internal frame, load adjustment straps, CollarCut shoulder straps, quick-adjust waistbelt, and many comfort "

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    With luck I can manipulate the insides to take a Wisner 12x20 at some point in the future. I ordered one a few days ago from the same company in Ebay as you did Sean. My f64 is spent! No one who regularly backpacks with an 8x10 should buy that bag - it simply disintegrates after some heavy use. I am excited to get the ST AWII as I now have a few more lenses I need with me in the field.

Francesco www.cicoli.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Francesco
    With luck I can manipulate the insides to take a Wisner 12x20 at some point in the future. I ordered one a few days ago from the same company in Ebay as you did Sean. My f64 is spent! No one who regularly backpacks with an 8x10 should buy that bag - it simply disintegrates after some heavy use. I am excited to get the ST AWII as I now have a few more lenses I need with me in the field.

Francesco www.cicoli.com
    Good stuff Francesco, I love mine..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin