Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,208   Posts: 1,531,929   Online: 1098

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    GJA
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I imagine that a Wild would be far to heavy for my taste. Obviously surveying tripods are built to last in rough environments and also to hold a lot of weight.

Where could I buy one cheap? Ebay doesnt seem to be filled with them.

Also, has anyone had experiance with the Tiltall TE-01B Tripod? Also cheap and looks sturdy, not light and I cant find a load limit anywhere.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Have a look at this. There is no better tripod. None.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Go look at the Feisol tripods, They are top quality, light, and strong. Plus they are a site sponsor. I got one about a year ago and it looks and works fantastically. All my friends are very impressed with it, for the price it can't be beat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If the TE-01B is the current edition of the traditional Tiltall it may not be heavy enough for the Sinar.
    For something on the order of a Graphic View or older Cambo monorail or light field camera which were not as heavy it worked fine.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Images
    I have the Flashpoint CF1228 and have not had any problems with it. I use it with my 4x5 Tachihara, Bronica SQA and Nikon F3. The little Flashpoint B2 ballhead I got with it is tiny so I switched out a slightly larger Bogen ballhead for it when I use the 4x5 unless I want to go really light. I bought this outfit because it only weighs something like 3.5 lbs. My old Bogen 3021 was just too heavy to carry around at 8000-10,000 feet in elevation here in New Mexico. The little Flashpoint is a joy to carry.

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    I have an Induro A214. Great for the money. But the dealer I bought it at warned me to be sure not to twist the locks more than a 1/4 turn, or that would "strip the bushings and ruin the legs." Easy to remember for me, but some are likely to twist away.yes?

Bill

GJA
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I ended up getting the A214 for under a hundred including shipping. Although, after buying off of ebay it sent the wrong address (my old school) now Im going to have to drive an hour to pick it up at the post office. FML.

I can always grab another one if im unhappy. Im pretty sure that I could resell the Induro for close to what I paid for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin