Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,934   Posts: 1,585,600   Online: 641

Shooter
    Medium Format

Unknown 5x7 camera

Greetings people!

I need help )))

I have the 5x7 camera from my great grandfather, and I'm curious what model is it exactly, because there is no labels on it, except on the lens but i know that this lens not original, "original" lens was zeiss and it was stolen many many years ago.

Please, may be some one could recognize my camera.

And also can anyone recommend my some good and sharp lens which I can get for this camera on ebay (for ex.)

Labels on lens which i have:
    Doppel Anastigmat koelar f:6.8 180mm K. Lorenz & Co.
    with D.R.P. Compound D.R.G.M. Shutter

Thank you.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    It is an old Full plate camera and lucky enough you have at least a filmholder end lens with shutter with it.
    It shure is a beauty !

A good sharp lens for it would be a Xenar/Tessar 180mm (cheap) or a 180mm Sironar (more expensive).

An other good forum with a lot of knoledge would be the Large Format Forum .
    They would love to see these pic's !

Congrad's,
    Peter

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Do you have the tripod with it ?

Otherwise you will have to make an adapter for the modern types, your camera takes 3 independant legs that attach to the base plate.

Peter

Shooter
    Medium Format
    No i don't have the tripod, it was lost years ago and a case also, now I have only the camera and 3 double side filmholders, but I know which kind of tripod i need. Main question for me now what model is it. Someone on flickr says that it similar to deardorff, but all deardorffs which i'v seen a bit different, and this camera is quite elegant build for a clone of deardorff.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    It could be a japanese version or even one from India, the LFF should give you the answer, I have seen your post there allready.
    By the way, these camera's look a lot the same, the model was copied by many in slightly diferent variations due to the local availability of the metal hardware and wood.

Peter

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Where do you live by the way ?

Peter

Shooter
    Medium Format
    In Moscow, Russia.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Then it even could be a Russian copy !
    Or German, because of the DDR..... (former Eastern Germany occupied by the Russians between 1945 and 1990)

By the way, that Zeiss lens that was originaly on this camera could have been a Tessar.

Peter

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm still digging what it could be, I'v found someone who have 90% same camera as I, and he is also don't know brand name. But he has 8x10" camera, mine is 5x7". It's good. i'm not alone )))) Some people suppose that his camera is japanese clone of "english type". I don't think that I have japanese camera, Japan is to far from Moscow and Petrograd (St. Petersburg) were my great grandfather lived. May be it' a copy, may be russian copy but it's very high quality build.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin