Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,700   Posts: 1,549,235   Online: 1187

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pgomena View Post
    No, you can't stack a bunch of them. I don't often stack filters, and if I do need to add a yellow to a polarizer, I just do it and move on. No one has ever looked at one of my prints and said "Oh, you must have stacked two glass filters on this one."
    For what it's worth, my post about stacking was related almost solely to stacking color correction filters for E6 studio work, where you might have two or three filters stacked to equal say 5Y and 7.5M (5.0M+2.5M). It's not common to need to stack a large number of filters outside that kind of use, although a lot of landscape photographers have gotten into the habit of doing 2 grads + polarizers, etc.

Lee

Yes, Lee, studio is a different ballgame, and you can stack more gels. I cut my teeth as an assistant in a studio that shot big rig trucks on location for the manufacturers. Those guys would stack all kinds of filters, and the shots were gorgeous and perfect. They had to be. I think that you can get away with quite a bit as long as you don't shoot in a high flare situation. I can't afford gels any more, and I'll never wear the glass out.

Peter Gomena

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    In my Bolex 16mm cameras - behind the lens yes often - CTO and ND mostly ...
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have dozens of 2, 3, and 4 inch Wrattens I want to SELL because I'm going strictly color neg for which I don't use filters. All are in good condition (no damage what-so-ever) and many still factory sealed. A few of these are rare. I'll probably keep a couple of ND's but that's all I'll really need. I also have many Kodak 4x4 frames and at least one of the 4x4 frame holders complete with Series 9 retaining ring.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1234 View Post
    I have dozens of 2, 3, and 4 inch Wrattens I want to SELL because I'm going strictly color neg for which I don't use filters. All are in good condition (no damage what-so-ever) and many still factory sealed. A few of these are rare. I'll probably keep a couple of ND's but that's all I'll really need. I also have many Kodak 4x4 frames and at least one of the 4x4 frame holders complete with Series 9 retaining ring.
    what do you have? i might be interested in some 3 inchers if you have what i'm looking for. i'm mostly looking for 80a/b/c/d and 81a/b/c/d in addition to f-d(flourescent--> daylight). all in 3x3(75x75)

it might be a bit before i could get them from you though (kinda out in the money dept right now, with class registration just over )

please PM me with what you have available though.

I've been finding that even though I've been shooting color negative films mostly, personally I have found it better for my workflow to gel the lens before I take the picture.

please let me know as to what you have available though.

are they all kodak wrattens? or lees?

thanks

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dan,
    for color conversion, you'd be better served by decamired filters.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielStone View Post
    what do you have?

I'll post a complete list tonight.

it might be a bit before i could get them from you though (kinda out in the money dept right now, with class registration just over )

Got anything to trade?

are they all kodak wrattens? or lees?

All Kodak and many are still sealed.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Here's the list of 3" Wratten filters available. I'll list the 4" and 2" later.

B/W + SPECIAL:
    2B
    2E
    8N5
    72B

IR:
    87A
    88A

96 (ND):

WARMING / COOLING:
    80A
    80B
    80C
    81A
    81B
    81C
    82A
    85B

CC:
    025M
    05M
    10M
    20M
    40M
    50M
    05R
    30R
    025Y
    05Y
    40Y
    50Y
    05G
    025C
    20C
    50C
    10B

(4) 3 INCH FRAMES

Nearly all of these are genuine Kodak and many are unsued. I have duplicates of a few. All will be inspected before they're shipped. I'll give APUG its percentage and I'll be a paying member this coming paycheck.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If your ND filters are 3" - I would be interested in ND 2,3, &4. Pl;ease PM me.
    Thanks
    Richard

Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    PM's sent...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin