Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,460   Online: 952

Shooter
    35mm

Graflok sizes on Graflex

[Well, maybe not all large format . . .]

In reviewing the (alas, largely unused) sheet film cameras in my possession, and trying to get the bigger picture, I ran into a question that google (within my skill) hasn't covered.

At least on Graflex cameras, was the Graflok just a 4x5 feature, or was it used on other (smaller) size cameras?

And, while I'm bothering people, is it also used on larger formats (not that I can afford that temptation)?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My 2x3 Pacemaker Crown Graphic has a Graflok back. Also available in 5x7 I believe.

Rick

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks. I hadn't seen it on smaller than 4x5 and wasn't sure whether I was looking for something that doesn't exist.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    What's key here is the availability of cut sheet film in 2-1/4"x 3-1/4" sizes. There are only a few B&W emulsions yet available fresh (regrettable situation only likely to get worse). Short of cutting your own film out of larger sheet sizes, roll film is about the only option for color transparencies. So most have moved on to using roll film in 120 format on MF view cameras.

The Graflok back on a 2x3 is much more desirable than a spring back, insofar as a camera with a Graflok will accept modern roll film holders (IOW, it will not limit your options for using 120 format roll film holders to finding 620 take-up spools for an antique Adapt-A-Roll that used 620 film, and having to respool your film in order to use it. You might, however, have to either resort to this or else get inventive if you get your heart set on an old Busch Model C Pressman).

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    They came on 3x4 cameras as well.
    W.A. Crider

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin