Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,329   Posts: 1,537,190   Online: 802

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Tachihara 8x10 Help

Hello,
    I just purchased a Tachihara 8x10 camera used, it came and is missing a nob. The nob that is missing is on the bottom of the camera and is used to lock down the movement (back and forth, not tilt) of the rear standard. I went to the hardware store to try to find a machine screw that was the same size, but it seem that it is some strange size. because some things that visualy looked right would only go in a few turns, then stop and not actualy be tightening what it needed to be. (also I checked and the nob from the other side fits and works right on both sides) So if you know any of the following please let me know:

-where to get a replacement part

-the size of these

-or the name of the part i am looking for

Thanks

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    It depends where you live, what you are looking for could be metric instead of US inch.
    Please measure the exact diameter in mm and you might be on your way.

Peter

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Probably, Jim at Midwest Photo could assist you.

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Probably a standard metric thread. Richard Ritter can make you one although an exact duplicate might be expensive. You could cannibalize one off a parts camera or out of McMaster-Carr and have a machine shop re-thread it if necessary; you could have a machine shop make you something that would work, or you could use wing nut of the right thread.

Cheers, Steve

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Anybody with a lathe can make you one in about 2 minutes. A power drill and the right size tap might take you 5 minutes. Take a thread gauge to the shaft it screws onto and find out exactly what thread size it is. Then just buy a piece of brass or aluminum bar stock and drill and tap the hole. Nothin' to it.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks for the quick reply every one, I sent jim an email after calling Mid west, I guess he is out of the store for a few days. After posting this thread I went to a local camera repair place (nippon photo clinc in NYC, they are very good) and they give me a screw to use in the mean time. Hopefully I will be able to get a proper replacement part.....

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin