Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,908   Posts: 1,521,520   Online: 879

Shooter
    Medium Format

Schneider 360mm, aperture scale marks.

I have just bought a Schneider 360mm/6,8 with Prontor shutter. My question is that on my lens there are no marks between the aperture in the scale. Of course there are marks for 8-11-16 but no small marks in between. I searched the net and found a photo of 360mm/6,8 with small marks for the aperture scale, since the lens was made before my mine I thought this was a little bit strange so I sent a mail to Schneider and got this explanation.

"Only the shutter iris scale starting with f-stop 6,8 and no marks between the full f-stops was made by our company.
    The other scale must be made by Prontor or a dealer did exchange the scales for himself, anyway they are wrong."

Does your Schneider 360mm lenses have aperture marks in between?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Do you mean you have the aperture marks and there are no markings for 1/2 stops?
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes, I have marks for 6.8, 8, 11, 16..... and nothing more. No 1/3 stops or 1/2 stops.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've just looked at three shutters here and none of them have 1/2 stop indicators. They're all older shutters so it's possible that 1/2 marks are on newer shutters.
    Nothing to worry about though, at best they're close not precise.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin