Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,880   Posts: 1,520,469   Online: 986

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Readyload holder

Are these still useful for anything? I have one that's nearly new.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They can use Fuji Quickload film which is still available in color emulsions. However, the Fuji holder is likely better.

So except that it would be a world cheaper than a new Fuji holder, no. But I carry my Fuji holder in the pouch that came with the Readyload holder...

Slightly OT, I think every Polaroid camera ever made is now listed in the "Vintage" section of eBay.

Cheers, Steve

I am the proud owner of both a Polaroid 545 holder and a Fuji Quickload holder. The Quickload holder is like new. Who knew they would become quaint, useless antiques in my lifetime? I guess I should have used them more.

Peter Gomena

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Fuji still do Acros 100 in 5x4 Quickloads

You might need to import it - http://www.japanexposures.com/shop/p...98504673ff76f5

I think there are quite a few of us with nice clean Readload Holders and a rapidly dwindling supply of film for them

Ho hum

Martin

Shooter
    4x5 Format

useless loaders-no more film being produced

Just before Kodak discontinued TMX 100 in Readyloads I got a second spare holder-great move. Then I switched to Fuji Acros Quickloads. At least I own only one Fuji holder and a decent supply of film in my freezer, but when it's gone, it's gone. I suspect I have a lot of company.

Eric

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I shoot fuji quickloads in my polaroid loader all the time... but I'm guessing you can't use fuji's instant film in it. Don't get rid of you holders quite yet....my prediction is someone will come out, again, with this material.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew B. View Post
    I shoot fuji quickloads in my polaroid loader all the time... but I'm guessing you can't use fuji's instant film in it. Don't get rid of you holders quite yet....my prediction is someone will come out, again, with this material.
    i hope so...

i know of a lot of architectural photographers using provia and t64 in quickloads. i use them when I know that I have to have a pretty much dustless photograph, or when I don't want to schlep around holders all over the place.

-dan

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The later version Readyload is purportedly better than the Quickload holder for film flatness. It supposedly also handles both Fuji QL and Kodak RL with equal aplomb while the Fuji doesn't. I've used a RL holder almost exclusively in the past year-- exclusively with Fuji QLs sheets. And, last I looked at B&H, Astia 100F, Velvia 50, and Provia 100F are still available in QL.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi All,

Sorry, lost track of the reposnses up there, so you can use Fuji Quickloads in a Polaroid 545 holder? Any other options as well?

Thanks
    junqbox

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by junqbox View Post
    Hi All,

Sorry, lost track of the reposnses up there, so you can use Fuji Quickloads in a Polaroid 545 holder? Any other options as well?
    Yes, for a long time I used both Fuji and Kodak film in my Polaroid 545. It's not perfectly centered and reportedly not as flat.

I also used Polaroid sheet film in the Polaroid holder, and it would occasionally get all dirty with the chemicals. I would be stuck in the field with a dirty holder unable to shoot anything until I cleaned up the chemicals.

My solution a couple of years ago was to buy both a Fuji and Kodak holder. Smart move, right? The cash could have gone towards a nice lens.

I do have 15 sheets of Kodak 100G, which I will be able to expose perfectly centered and flat. Hooray! After they're gone, the Kodak holder will become a collector's item to show to people who probably will have never seen a 35mm roll of film.

I would rather keep it than sell it for less than the cost of a pizza.

Someday, someone may produce new film...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin