Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,218   Posts: 1,532,175   Online: 1039

Shooter
    Medium Format

Looking for camera bag for Linhof Technika IV

Just picked up a Linhof Technika IV, with two lenses.
    I am thinking carry it around the city or go for a hike. Thus, I need a bag for it and extract room for couple of lenses and accessories, and a tripod for sure. Anyone have any good experiences that can share?

Thanks in advance!

Jason

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I use the largest Crumpler bag with photo insert for my 4x5" Tech V, and I carry the tripod on a strap over my shoulder.

With two lenses, you could manage with a smaller bag, or no bag at all. I've often been out with the 4x5" Tech V on a strap, one lens on the camera, and one or two more lenses and other accessories in my pockets or a small fanny pack and a couple of Kinematic filmholders (like a Grafmatic, but 10 sheets) in my coat pockets or a belt pack, if it's not overcoat weather.

I use an Urban Disguise 50 for my 2x3" Tech V and like it a lot. You might be able to get a 4x5" Tech V with two lenses in the Urban Disguise 60.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks David, for your advise. I prefer a backpack type of bag. So that it is easier for my shoulders :P. I was thinking Lowpro dryzoon 100, but not sure if it is big enough.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have a Tachihara wood 4x5, i think it is about the same size as the linhof, I have been using a Dakine Sequence backpack for this camera. I can fit all the goods that I need in there, such as: The camera, 2 lens, a dark cloth, a loup, cable release, about 10 film holders, and a light meter, then you can strap a tripod to the bag with included straps. There are a few things that are very nice about this bag, first off the bag opens from the side that faces your back, so if you put it on the ground/snow/mud/dirt/etc to get your camera out, it wont end up on your back. Also the backpack doesn't look like a photo bag. You can also take out the camera insert and use it as a normal bag if you like. The backpack is very comfortable if you are going to have it on your back for a while. Compared to other photo bags its pretty cheap, its worth taking a look at.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin