Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,911   Posts: 1,556,247   Online: 1047

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

lensboard for calumet 4x5 woodfield availability

hello everyone,

i'm trying to source two lensboards, one for a fujinon 90mm f8 and another for a fujinon 210mm f5.6. these lensboards are a strange size, slightly smaller than your usual technika type boards ( these two lenses that i bought already came mounted on these type of boards ). they are 98mm x 98mm from memory and are wooden ( i have the original lensboard for reference ). i am currently in the middle of Turkey and no serious camera stores to be seen. i am tempted to be rid of this hassle and purchase a shen hao ptb 4x5 and sell the calumet! any suggestions would be appreciated!!
    thanks, gonzalo

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Try some thin plywood.........., but in the middle of Turkey, who knows ?
    Normaly thin plywood is sold in craft stores or where they sell model trains and so on.

Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have some excellent wood (here in Turkey), I can cut 2 or possibly 3 bits and post to you, I'm using it to make a mount board for a Thornton Pickard shutter, there's plenty left over

The wood was left here by a guy from some red-neck state in the US who used to build guitars, so it looks nice

Ian

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Recently did a lens board for an MPP to take a Fujinon lens. The board is a similar size (nominally 100mm square). Looking at the data, the hole for the 210mm lens is the same (Copal #1 39x0.75mm) and the 90mm lens, the next size down (Seiko #0 32.5x0.5mm).

I should still have the files if you wanted to machine your own...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin