Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,692   Online: 859

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I would like some ideas from you ULF photographers regarding a quick mount for my 11x14. I have a Majestic tripod with a Majestic head. Mounting the camera is tricky, and you probably only drop an 80 year old camera once. What brands or methods do you use to get a bulky, heavy, delicate, expensive camera perched safely onto a bulky, heavy, sturdy, expensive tripod?

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have a Gitzo 1548 with a 1570 head. It takes some practice but I got it down to a couple of minutes now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dick Arentz turned me on to this device called a Cine 60 QR plate. It is used in the television and movie industry to quickly mount VERY heavy movie and video cameras. It is bombproof. You can turn a 12x20 on its side for vertical for instance. They are sort of an esoteric type item, but occasionally pop up on ebay, which is where I found mine. The actual company is in Los Angeles. You might be able to google for their name and address.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jorge has previously posted a very useful technique to mount a heavy camera on a pan-tilt head: Crank the head all the way over (90 degrees). Much easier than when the head's camera plate is horizontal and trying to peer under the camera base with a heavy camera "overhead". Thanks Jorge

Steve

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin